Updated antiX-sid iso files available

anticapitalista
Developer

Updated antiX-sid iso files available

#1 Post by anticapitalista »

For those that like to live on the bleeding edge and build upwards from a small base, antiX has made available iso files based on Debian sid. Users are expected to be proficient.

We offer the following completely systemd-free and elogind-free flavours for both 32 and 64 bit architecture. User can download sysVinit or runit versions.

antiX-core (c500MB) – no X, but should support most wireless (libdbus-1-3 is installed).

antiX-net (c200MB)- no X. Just enough to get you connected (wired) and ready to build (no libdbus-1-3).

The 32 bit version uses a non-pae kernel.

All versions default to using our legacy 4.9.0-326 kernel. 5.10 kernels are available.

Get them here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/antix ... antiX-sid/

Enjoy!
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Adrian
Developer

Re: Updated antiX-sid iso files available

#2 Post by Adrian »

Congrats! I will add them to our rsync server. Can you please @ me whenever you post new releases so I will know to update the server?

anticapitalista
Developer

#3 Post by anticapitalista »

Thanks @Adrian - I emailed tim thinking he was the one responsible for updating the server.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

oops

#4 Post by oops »

Thanks @anticapitalista.
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Adrian
Developer

#5 Post by Adrian »

anticapitalista wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:25 am Thanks @Adrian - I emailed tim thinking he was the one responsible for updating the server.
He's in charge of iso.mxrepo.com server so please continue to PM him, I and D_O take care of rsync.mxlinux.com that doesn't duplicate automatically iso.mxrepo.com, we might need to think how to do that but for now I think they serve a bit different purposes.

timkb4cq
Developer

#6 Post by timkb4cq »

The antiX-22-sid isos are now up on all the *mxrepo.com servers.

iso.mxrepo.com (da.mxrepo.com & l3.mxrepo.com on round-robin dns, set up that way after having month left after bandwidth ran out a few times) rsyncs the 3rd party package mirrors.
rsync.mxlinux.com rsyncs the 3rd party iso mirrors.
Yes, the iso.mxrepo.com name wasn't chosen well at the time but it was too late to change it once it was in use.
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

Adrian
Developer

#7 Post by Adrian »

Thanks for the explanation, I might have known that but I forgot that iso.mxlinux.com is actually for packages.
I wonder if there's a way to sync mxrepo.com and rsync.mxlinux.com so we don't have to do it manually (the problem I see is that mxrepo.com has a bunch of releases http://iso.mxrepo.com/Downloads/Final/, we are trying to keep only the latest on rsync).

We can talk in PM, there's no need to hijack this thread even more...

Return to “antiX”