AVL MXE Compositor

Help on all MX Re-spins
Aceediq

AVL MXE Compositor

#1 Post by Aceediq »

Hello everyone...I have a little issue...

When I change the compositor from Compiz to Xfwm and apply, it doesn't work but rather defaults to None...I tried to change it because when using Inkscape and I zoom in or out, it doesn't do so smoothly, I am not asking for a perfect job but on Compiz sometimes the previous zoom state leaves artifacts without rectifying and I am making a record of it :rolleyes:

EDIT: I meant Compton not Compiz
Last edited by Aceediq on Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AVLinux

Re: AVL MXE Compositor

#2 Post by AVLinux »

AVL-MXE uses Openbox and not xfwm so it doesn't have xfwm's compositor, it uses Compton with Openbox and that is the default..

As far as Compiz it has never been used or tested in AVL-MXE development and it is now quite ancient and out of the mainstream so I can't really give advice on what you can expect from it at this point in time.

Aceediq

Re: AVL MXE Compositor

#3 Post by Aceediq »

AVLinux wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:34 am AVL-MXE uses Openbox and not xfwm so it doesn't have xfwm's compositor, it uses Compton with Openbox and that is the default..

As far as Compiz it has never been used or tested in AVL-MXE development and it is now quite ancient and out of the mainstream so I can't really give advice on what you can expect from it at this point in time.
Sorry I meant Compton not Compiz

Return to “MX Respins”