What does the custom menu in switch to grub option do in live iso ?

lowden

#1 Post by lowden »

normally booting results in blackscreen with cursor but the above mentioned options somehow allows me to boot on my old laptop, i want to know what it does so i can try to do the same with other os as well.antix website is down so i can't look into wiki (idk if this option is explained in the wiki or not)

fehlix
Developer

Re: What does the custom menu in switch to grub option do in live iso ?

#2 Post by fehlix »

lowden wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:22 am What does the custom menu in switch to grub option do in live iso ?
normally booting results in blackscreen with cursor but the above mentioned options somehow allows me to boot on my old laptop, i want to know what it does so i can try to do the same with other os as well.antix website is down so i can't look into wiki (idk if this option is explained in the wiki or not)
It's probably the "classic" text-menu shown with the GRUB menu to allow user to select some live-boot options.
IIRC, that latest antiX iso's do not show the "Custom ...(text menu)" entries, but you might still be able to choose to boot into the text menu, by selecting "Custom text" menu from boot options sub menu.
Not all but most boot options available with the "text menu" are now accessible through the GRUB menu directly.
Hence the "Text menu" have been kept available, with the newer GRUB menu.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Return to “antiX”