Need to update the KDE Wiki entry

Help on all MX Re-spins
asqwerth
Developer

Re: Need to update the KDE Wiki entry

#11 Post by asqwerth »

@dreamer,

It's only because it uses qt toolkit while Xfce and many others use gtk. So the theming of plasma and qt apps will be different from gtk apps. You'll have to select a theme for the gtk apps that matches the one you use in plasma.

Nowadays though, plasma/qt has the kvantum manager and many kvantum themes managed thereunder that provide themes looking like well known gtk themes. You just have to get used to using it. You can install it while using Xfce, to theme the qt or KDE apps you want to use in a gtk desktop environment.

I wouldn't bother to install plasma on a Xfce distro but in manjaro even their gtk DE isos (eg Xfce version ) come with kvantum manager preinstalled. Apparently gtk3 version of Xfce works better with qt apps (no flickering) if latter is themed with kvantum than with qt5ct. Manjaro settings manager is a qt5 app, I believe.

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-xfc ... on/62944/2

It's similar with mx tools. Because the MX apps interface is written in qt, the devs have to do some stuff behind the scenes to get them to match wherever gtk theme you're using for Xfce and other gtk apps. Otherwise they'll look different and users will wonder what's going on.

Matching needs to be done whether one is in plasma or Xfce.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Utopia
Administrator

Re: Need to update the KDE Wiki entry

#12 Post by Utopia »

Here's a screenshot of the upper right corner. More instructive than the whole screen, as the box is very small.
Is the quality good enough?
Henry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MX Respins”