1. Do a regular apt-get dist-upgrade (apt-notifier, synaptic, or apt-get dist-upgrade). You will be asked about accepting the lightdm configuration. Answering Yes should get you the mx16.1 lightdm theme. Answering No (or default) should keep the exisitng theme, with the alternate written into another file in the /etc/lightdm folder in case you want it later.
For the system and important stuff, that's all you need!
purely and truly optional user-type settings
2. If MX controls your grub boot menu, and you want the new Kingfisher grub background image, edit the line starting with "GRUB_BACKGROUND" in /etc/default/grub to the following:
Code: Select all
Code: Select all
3. You you can use mx-defaultlook to choose the mx16.1 default theme, or the two existing mx16 themes. New wallpapers should be available in Desktop settings.
4. Install the official adobe flash (adobe-flashplugin and adobe-flash-properties-gtk). (there is an option for Flash in mx-packageinstaller). Our official package will work with firefox AND chromium. Please note that MX-Flash is deprecated and will not receive anymore updates. It will likely work for awhile, but the next time adobe breaks things, that's it. We recommend switching to the new Official package.
5. Install zsync. all other new apps on the new MX 16.1 iso come with mx-apps upgrade.
6. change your volumeicon to use a slider on click instead of mute (right click volumeicon -> preferences)
Existing MX16 users may want to edit /etc/antix-version and/or /etc/mx-version (in the case of MX-16.1 RC1) to reflect the new release (just remove the RC1) as well as lsb-release to use DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.1
that's it! Enjoy!