Sunday, January 8, 2023: antiX Forum outage

masinick

Sunday, January 8, 2023: antiX Forum outage

#1 Post by masinick »

The 403 problem has returned; the antiX forum administrator has asked me to Email them with updates on this; the site did stay up for several hours with a few plugins removed, but now the problem is back.

PM me with any updates or additional concerns please, and I'll continue to work with the admin. Thanks!

masinick

Re: Sunday, January 8, 2023: antiX Forum outage

#2 Post by masinick »

It's back, for the time being. Let's hang onto this topic until I can ensure the site will stay up, at least for today, then if these things persist we will have to have a topic a day until the ultimate resolution is found. Thanks!

Huckleberry Finn

#3 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

It's normal here at the moment.

masinick

#4 Post by masinick »

Yeah, it's been "fixed" a second time today and it's been "up" for a while, though many of the usual "features" are, at least temporarily, disabled on the site until our admin is able to determine what specifically is causing the problem; is it "just" the brute force attacks, or is is also one or more plugins that might be defective; that's what we're working on now.

masinick

#5 Post by masinick »

We're monitoring the status with the plugins disabled. Current plan will be to monitor, and if no further issues, we'll continue with the antiX forum "as is" today, then add plugins, one at a time until the problem one is detected.

If anything else goes wrong, we'll assess that. So far, stability with plugins completely disabled and spam filter on is much better.

We can close this topic; if another one is warranted, I'll open another one; thanks!

richb
Administrator

#6 Post by richb »

Topic Locked per request.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Return to “antiX”