'MXDE' Themes, 4K Wallpapers, Conkies

Those who have created deb or tar packages to share with other MX users can create a thread in this forum to do that. Also those that request someone to create a package for them, can be posted here.
siamhie

Re: 'MXDE' Themes, 4K Wallpapers, Conkies

#11 Post by siamhie »

AVLinux wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:51 am
siamhie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:31 am Installed the rock-salt/sui_generis fonts. Adjusted the date and time. Tweaked the CPU section including my hwmon and added my weather location. Very clean looking conky. :happy:

Wow, it looks great with that wallpaper! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. I'm setting up my dual boot MXFB/AVL-MXE today so I didn't install the avl wallpapers because I'm re-partitioning the whole drive including a new home partition.
This is my Fluxbox . There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Fluxbox is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Fluxbox is useless. Without my Fluxbox, I am useless.

AVLinux

#12 Post by AVLinux »

siamhie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:10 am
Thanks. I'm setting up my dual boot MXFB/AVL-MXE today so I didn't install the avl wallpapers because I'm re-partitioning the whole drive including a new home partition.
Just so you know the default 'Diehard' theme on AVL-MXE comes with a fair number of those wallpapers installed. This recent work with the light and Vintage themes came after it was released. You may want to install these new 'MXDE' themes and then uninstall the AVL-MXE default Diehard Dark theme.

Amiga-MX

#13 Post by Amiga-MX »

Good evening.

Right now I have just installed MXDE Theme packages with no problem via .deb, just need to be patient with the installer.

@AVLinux I see that you have updated the post with some instructions also with the md5 validation which is a good idea. Thank you.

MXDE diehard. MX-21-FB on iMac.

MXMLGO

AVLinux

#14 Post by AVLinux »

Amiga-MX wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:31 pm Good evening.

Right now I have just installed MXDE Theme packages with no problem via .deb, just need to be patient with the installer.

@AVLinux I see that you have updated the post with some instructions also with the md5 validation which is a good idea. Thank you.

MXDE diehard. MX-21-FB on iMac.

MXMLGO
Thanks very much for posting back and the nice screenshot!

siamhie

#15 Post by siamhie »

AVLinux wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:29 am
siamhie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:10 am
Just so you know the default 'Diehard' theme on AVL-MXE comes with a fair number of those wallpapers installed. This recent work with the light and Vintage themes came after it was released. You may want to install these new 'MXDE' themes and then uninstall the AVL-MXE default Diehard Dark theme.
Good to know. I'll be able to grab the themes from AVL and add them to Fluxbox so that I have a consistent themed desktop. The only difference between the two will be the toolbar as I prefer the built-in one that comes with Flux over tint2.
This is my Fluxbox . There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My Fluxbox is my best friend. It is my life.
I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Fluxbox is useless. Without my Fluxbox, I am useless.

asqwerth
Developer

#16 Post by asqwerth »

Thanks for these, @AVLinux !

Will check out the conkies and themes when I have the time.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

ceeslans

#17 Post by ceeslans »

Nice Conky!

For those who do not have pamixer installed on their system, you can display the current volume level by editing the $exec variable in line #62 :

original code:

Code: Select all

${exec pamixer --get-volume-human}
change it to:

${exec pactl list sinks | awk '/Volume:/ {printf "%s ",$5}' | cut -f1 -d ' '}
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sony Vaio VPCF23P (2010), Intel Core i7-2670, 6gb RAM, 240GB SSD, MX23 based Fluxbox 1.3.7+

AVLinux

#18 Post by AVLinux »

ceeslans wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:51 am Nice Conky!

For those who do not have pamixer installed on their system, you can display the current volume level by editing the $exec variable in line #62 :

original code:

${exec pamixer --get-volume-human}
change it to:

${exec pactl list sinks | awk '/Volume:/ {printf "%s ",$5}' | cut -f1 -d ' '}
Thanks for the tip ceeslans!

As you will note there are many of your suggestions in that Conky already, I merely stand on the shoulders of giants... :happy:

AVLinux

#19 Post by AVLinux »

asqwerth wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:57 am Thanks for these, @AVLinux !

Will check out the conkies and themes when I have the time.
Thank you! I'm sure your trained eye will spot some flaws that can be improved, making themes that look good and are functional across gtk2/3 and QT applications is a tricky business as you know and you did amazing work on 'Comfort'. I didn't do exhaustive gtk.css tweaks on these. I went for the obvious stuff first and am kind of hoping other people will use them and maybe give me a clue where to look for the next round of css tweaks.. If you spot something please let me know!

Return to “Package Sharing”