Best Distro for an Old Laptop

masinick

Re: Best Distro for an Old Laptop

#21 Post by masinick »

I had a couple of Dell D600 series laptops in the past. At the time I owned them I was only running 32-bit software and I cannot recall their specs. One of the least capable of the ones I used had only 512 MB RAM. With that particular unit I found excellent results with antiX, but my other systems that I used with the old Dell D600 series ran fine with Debian, MEPIS, MX, or antiX.

I no longer have any of these systems since they were quite old and aging, but in their time they were quite durable, though a bit thick and heavy.
For anyone who has one in good condition, I believe that either MX or antiX would still work reasonably well, better in fact than many other so-called "light" systems.

TheLegit

#22 Post by TheLegit »

Yo guys thanks for the help. I'll see what I can do.

komer

#23 Post by komer »

Post deleted by author.
Last edited by komer on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huckleberry Finn

#24 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

That's just to make them see and try for a while, then decide himself/herself. (It's just 1 sec to erase one.. isn't it? )

As explained above, one is lighter and one is for easy transition. After some time they can leave so or remove one...

Other than that, it's better to have the original DE with the system and one DE on a system generally.

This way, they can taste both Cinnamon and Xfce originally (both with the best implementers ) and out of the box, simply...

On the other hand, this is not a must of course. If someone says "I've seen/used them in live session and I liked this more", then that's it.

komer

#25 Post by komer »

Post deleted by author.

Return to “General”