One question only?

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
cjos

One question only?

#1 Post by cjos »

Hi,
Is it one question at a time?
Cjos

kc1di

Re: One question only?

#2 Post by kc1di »

Hi Cjos,
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking , but if your talking about how many questions per thread. Normally it is best to ask just one question per thread unless they are very closely related. IE, if you have wireless problem, you should not ask in the same thread about a printer problem they should be separate subject lines.
Hope this helps.

richb
Administrator

#3 Post by richb »

Did you really intend to post this in the Mepis Forum? I suspect not. It is more properly in Administration>Site Help.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

cjos

#4 Post by cjos »

kc1di wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 am Hi Cjos,
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking , but if your talking about how many questions per thread. Normally it is best to ask just one question per thread unless they are very closely related. IE, if you have wireless problem, you should not ask in the same thread about a printer problem they should be separate subject lines.
Hope this helps.
It certainly does, many thanks for that.
Getting into gear with a new (for me) forum, was not easy, so when I got a red lined quote during my typing, saying something like only one, I decided to ask the question to save any confrontation,
Cheers,
Cjos

cjos

#5 Post by cjos »

richb wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:40 am Did you really intend to post this in the Mepis Forum? I suspect not. It is more properly in Administration>Site Help.
Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place. Yes, I am still in the learning curve.
On another matter, some Forums do email notification, which helps the Senior citizens like me. Can that happen here?
Many thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.
Cjos

cjos

#6 Post by cjos »

kc1di wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 am Hi Cjos,
Hope this helps.
Thank you that is most helpful.
Cjos

"You cannot make another post so soon after your last." How soon?

richb
Administrator

#7 Post by richb »

OK, I moved it.
You can setup mail notification in the User Control Panel. Left click on your username in the upper right corner, then User Control Panel. Click on User Notifications on the right, bottom of the list.

You must wait 60 seconds between posts.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Return to “Site Help”