MX15 How Do you Update the sources?

gregorylock

MX15 How Do you Update the sources?

#1 Post by gregorylock »

I wanted to install MX15 because the last time I could burn a video DVD I used MX15. For some reason on the other distros I can't get DeVeDeNG to create an ISO file for the files I want to make into a DVD. I tried to install MX15 and update it. I got stuck. Someone in the chats suggested that I should update the sources. I didn't want to post a question so I used google searches. I didn't find anything helpful there. Currently I'm trying to install MX17. But if MX17 won't give me the version of DeVeDe that I'm trying to install then it isn't going to work for me. How do you update the sources?

rich

Re: MX15 How Do you Update the sources?

#2 Post by rich »

Apt sources? In You would just want to right click on the mx updater icon in the system tray (the little open cardboard box looking thing) and click check for updates, or you could go into the terminal and do

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
(live password demo)

MX User Manual section 5, "Software Management"
https://mxlinux.org/user_manual_mx17/mxum.pdf

Not sure what version devede you need? MX 17 has 4.8.0-1

Stevo
Developer

#3 Post by Stevo »

Have you tried DeVeDe in MX 17? It's working, as far as I know, and we'd like to fix it if it's not.

gregorylock

#4 Post by gregorylock »

I got side tracked on this one. The year I made this post I had to work so hard on the issue, and it was taking up so much time, that I gave up on the problem.

Return to “Older Versions”