Bookmarks Toolbar deletion

Bierhundt

Bookmarks Toolbar deletion

#1 Post by Bierhundt »

I'd like to know if there is a way to remove the headings of "Home | Bookmarks" from the bookmarks toolbar, they are just wasted space to me! I already have a bookmarks section on the 'Menu bar' at the top of the page and my home page comes up automagically when I sign on to the net, so I don't need two different selectors (right next to each other) to do one function. Right clicking on either one of these headings doesn't give an option of removing them like right clicking on the bookmarks on that same toolbar does. Besides, if'n I can remove these two headings from the toolbar, I can utilize that space for some other bookmarks that I would much rather have available, instead of having to go thru the list (") on the r/h side of the page.
TIA, Bierhundt

MX-17
Dell E6400
(Consistently upgraded almost daily, today included!)

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: Bookmarks Toolbar deletion

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

can you provide a screenshot of what you want to remove. I'm sure there is a way.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

In Firefox? You can click View > Toolbars and get rid of the whole thing, if that's what you mean. Or right-click individual items to delete them.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

KoO

#4 Post by KoO »

Waterfox & Firefox right click a vacant area to the left of tabs untick bookmakers toolbar. done
Main : MX 19.1-AHS (i3) 5.4.13-1~mx19+1, Asus B450-i AMD 5 3600 , 32gb Hyper-X 3200 , GTX970 . :linuxlove:
Lenovo T430 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.20.12 , i5 , 12gb .
Lenovo X220 : Test Machine (ATM)

Kulmbacher

#5 Post by Kulmbacher »

to remove parts or whole bars, edit userchrome.css

example for "my" very clean bookmarks menu (didn`t use toolbar, so no direct help):
#BMB_viewBookmarksSidebar,
#BMB_bookmarksToolbar,
#BMB_bookmarksPopup menuseparator,
{
display:none!important
}
they called him, the fish!

Bierhundt

#6 Post by Bierhundt »

Sorry for the confusion, (my fault), I don't like/use Firefox, I have Seamonkey which works better for me. Right clik does nothing for those two headings. Any of the others I can delete with a right clik, but those two headings won't go away!
TIA

GuiGuy

#7 Post by GuiGuy »

Right click on "Home" in the toolbar, left click on "Customize...".

Edit: "Customize..." is at the bottom of the popup produced by the right-click on "Home".

Bierhundt

#8 Post by Bierhundt »

GuiGuy wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:20 am Right click on "Home" in the toolbar, left click on "Customize...".

Edit: "Customize..." is at the bottom of the popup produced by the right-click on "Home".
Got it! Thanks.
Just before I signed on to the forum, I tried using 'customize' and dragged and dropped both headings as well as the separator - worked great! If'n I would have waited a couple of minutes, I would have seen your poet. Thanks for your help! I just loaded MX onto the wife's Dell 430 lappy becuz her Win7Pro was going flakey - she's always ragged me about Linux - she hated the idea of me using Linux instead of Micro$haft, but now she's a Linux user too, and believe it or not, I think she likes Linux now! One more person off the M$ plantation! (Now, if I can just get her to load MX on her Win 10 lappy ........) ..........:>)
Bierhundt

Return to “General”