antiX-17 released

asqwerth
Developer

Re: antiX-17 released

#11 Post by asqwerth »

Great video, D_O!

I have to say the new features in antiX look good. There really is so much innovation in antiX.

You might think at first that it's just a distro for old/weaker hardware with "old school" WM, but then you see their tools for scaling up for hidpi displays, including the antiX-conky, the new CLI tools, .... the list goes on.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

asinoro

#12 Post by asinoro »

Nice new forum and home, fast distro, managed to put it at minimum systemd.
One thing, if you can make Menu > Search bar will be excellent.
If your case is solved, edit [Solved] to your initial post title to help other users.

Fix your Grub

asqwerth
Developer

#13 Post by asqwerth »

asinoro wrote:...One thing, if you can make Menu > Search bar will be excellent.
You could try adding the XFCE Search function [EDIT: oops, it's called the XFCE Application Finder]. I did it previously in trial installs of antiX but those were running on additionally-installed MATE or XFCE. And for MATE I had to edit the .desktop file to remove the setting that makes it show up only in XFCE. I can't recall if it showed up in the menus for fluxbox or icewm.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#14 Post by dolphin_oracle »

asinoro wrote:Nice new forum and home, fast distro, managed to put it at minimum systemd.
One thing, if you can make Menu > Search bar will be excellent.
Personally I've added an utility called "kupfer" that is kind of like the whisker menu search. It has a lot more options, but that's what I use it for. It shows up in my "what's new" video. ctrl+space brings it up.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

asqwerth
Developer

#15 Post by asqwerth »

There is also synapse, if you want something similar to kupfer.

fatmac

#16 Post by fatmac »

Not sure if it's anything to worry about, but I was trying to download today - 64full downloaded quickly enough, but 64base seems to be extremely slow, on several mirrors. (Just for info, mainly.)

Adrian
Developer

#17 Post by Adrian »

asqwerth wrote:Great video, D_O!

I have to say the new features in antiX look good. There really is so much innovation in antiX.

You might think at first that it's just a distro for old/weaker hardware with "old school" WM, but then you see their tools for scaling up for hidpi displays, including the antiX-conky, the new CLI tools, .... the list goes on.
I agree, very nice video. I'm glad you stressed that antiX should be the go-to distro for live USB and CLI. I see from time to time questions on reddit or other forums: "which distro should I use to run from a USB and be able to preserve my changes and be able to backup everything" or similar things that antiX had it covered for years -- I wish more people would be like "duh, just antiX or MX" Maybe we need to make sure when we release MX to make a special note of Live tools.

Paul..

#18 Post by Paul.. »

Adrian wrote:I agree, very nice video. I'm glad you stressed that antiX should be the go-to distro for live USB and CLI. I see from time to time questions on reddit or other forums: "which distro should I use to run from a USB and be able to preserve my changes and be able to backup everything" or similar things that antiX had it covered for years -- I wish more people would be like "duh, just antiX or MX" Maybe we need to make sure when we release MX to make a special note of Live tools.
I totally agree!

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

Ogis

#19 Post by Ogis »

Nice video. Thanks a lot!

anticapitalista
Developer

#20 Post by anticapitalista »

timkb4cq wrote:antiX-17 files added to iso.mxrepo.com/Final and mxrepo.com/Final
Do we need to do anything to make sure the mirrors get populated with the new files, e.g. Crete, Ecudor?

I edited the first post since the full announcement is now up.
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Return to “antiX”