Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

New Forum Comments

If you are having a problem with logging into the site or with registering, then post under this forum to try to get help, or just use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to notify the Site Administrators.
Message
Author
fu-sen
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:33 am

Re: New Forum Comments

#321 Post by fu-sen » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:42 am

I understand that the spam reduction is effective.
But I make the question that a human being cannot interpret unhappy.

I meet a person giving a topic with this problem in other distribution forum.
Please understand that abstruseness produces only it.

User avatar
richb
Administrator
Posts: 16754
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Re: New Forum Comments

#322 Post by richb » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:32 am

Having had to deal with very large numbers of spammers with the "easy" traditional questions, I stand by our current methods. Many people have successfully registered without issue since they were implemented. Indeed there have been some who had difficulty. But weighing the positives and negatives , the decision to use the existing questions was a good one. And unless some other spam blocking method can be shown to be effective, they will remain.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich
SSD Production: MX 17.1
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB, 350 GB HD

User avatar
jdmeaux1952
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: New Forum Comments

#323 Post by jdmeaux1952 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:07 am

I can understand trying to "kill" the spammers. But some forums do ask obscure questions.

One Music Theory forum I go to asked "Which animal was not on the Ark?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EPsuOEH1fY

Not only do you need to be familiar with the music, but also with other stories.
MSI S6000 i5-460M 4Gb mem
I am not CrAzY. And I have a paper from the doctors to prove it!
LRU# 563815
Phear the Penguin

User avatar
richb
Administrator
Posts: 16754
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Re: New Forum Comments

#324 Post by richb » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:01 pm

jdmeaux1952 wrote:I can understand trying to "kill" the spammers. But some forums do ask obscure questions.

One Music Theory forum I go to asked "Which animal was not on the Ark?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EPsuOEH1fY

Not only do you need to be familiar with the music, but also with other stories.
I do not think ours are obscure.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich
SSD Production: MX 17.1
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB, 350 GB HD

User avatar
lucky9
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 11380
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:54 am

Re: New Forum Comments

#325 Post by lucky9 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Have to have some protection. I would think that a non-english speaker might have more trouble though. That's not something that you can fix very easily.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

User avatar
bicyclist56
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:41 am

Re: New Forum Comments

#326 Post by bicyclist56 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:03 am

User Dark can not write a message on the forum, it gets in return: "Your IP 213.87.144.105 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=213.87.144.105". It is connected via 3G network. What should he do?
The Firefox extension - Frigate - allowed him to write a post, but he'd like to go without him.
MX-16_x64 Final - only one OS in 4 PC, and MX-15_x64 in 5 others PC
Перевод Руководства MX -
http://www.mepiscommunity.org/wiki/help ... anslations
Мой блог - http://bicyclist56.blogspot.com/p/mx-linux.html

User avatar
richb
Administrator
Posts: 16754
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Re: New Forum Comments

#327 Post by richb » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:49 am

bicyclist56 wrote:User Dark can not write a message on the forum, it gets in return: "Your IP 213.87.144.105 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=213.87.144.105". It is connected via 3G network. What should he do?
The Firefox extension - Frigate - allowed him to write a post, but he'd like to go without him.
The users IP has been flagged by Spamhaus. Blockage is automatic and part of the software we use. The user would need to contact Spamhaus and get his IP removed from their lists. This can be done via their website.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich
SSD Production: MX 17.1
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB, 350 GB HD

antiX-Dave
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Re: New Forum Comments

#328 Post by antiX-Dave » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:49 am

richb wrote:
bicyclist56 wrote:User Dark can not write a message on the forum, it gets in return: "Your IP 213.87.144.105 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=213.87.144.105". It is connected via 3G network. What should he do?
The Firefox extension - Frigate - allowed him to write a post, but he'd like to go without him.
The users IP has been flagged by Spamhaus. Blockage is automatic and part of the software we use. The user would need to contact Spamhaus and get his IP removed from their lists. This can be done via their website.
Or disconnect his 3g connection and reconnect so hopefully he receives another ip address

User avatar
richb
Administrator
Posts: 16754
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Re: New Forum Comments

#329 Post by richb » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:54 am

antiX-Dave wrote:
richb wrote:
bicyclist56 wrote:User Dark can not write a message on the forum, it gets in return: "Your IP 213.87.144.105 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=213.87.144.105". It is connected via 3G network. What should he do?
The Firefox extension - Frigate - allowed him to write a post, but he'd like to go without him.
The users IP has been flagged by Spamhaus. Blockage is automatic and part of the software we use. The user would need to contact Spamhaus and get his IP removed from their lists. This can be done via their website.
Or disconnect his 3g connection and reconnect so hopefully he receives another ip address
Yes, but I would think he would want that information deleted from a spam list in any case. Do both.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

Rich
SSD Production: MX 17.1
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB, 350 GB HD

Post Reply

Return to “Site Help”