Green Comet

Here you can just talk about MX or post interesting topics about what you have done in MX that you want to share with others. Other non-MX topics can be discussed within the Rules of the Forum.
bowlkook

Re: Green Comet

#11 Post by bowlkook »

Will certainly download it & have a read. Thanks for sharing! :rock:

arjaybe

#12 Post by arjaybe »

Caesar2 wrote:I read a few pages of this yesterday and will definitely finish it. You have talent and I like your writing style.
Thank you. That means a lot to me.
Green Comet
Space particles.

bowlkook

#13 Post by bowlkook »

I'm up to chapter 9 and it's a really good read! Will be recommending it!

On a technical note, when I downloaded the epub, it downloaded with a .txt suffix. Once I renamed the file to remove the .txt and replace it with .epub, all was well.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#14 Post by Jerry3904 »

I am enjoying it too.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

arjaybe

#15 Post by arjaybe »

bowlkook wrote:I'm up to chapter 9 and it's a really good read! Will be recommending it!

On a technical note, when I downloaded the epub, it downloaded with a .txt suffix. Once I renamed the file to remove the .txt and replace it with .epub, all was well.
That's odd. No idea why it would do that. The file in the server definitely has an epub suffix.

Thanks for the kind words.-)
Green Comet
Space particles.

KrispyKritter

#16 Post by KrispyKritter »

I am up to Chapter 17. It is a good read and have you started a sequel to it yet? :number1:

Steve
I messed with the dragon and now I am ready for the ketchup!
The only stupid question is the one you already know the answer.

~Krispy Kritter~
Toshiba Satellite A215-S7427(AMD-64)
Windows7/M11(KDE4.6.5)/M11(RoadblockTRK2-32)'buntus13.1/MX14b2/Tanglu1.0

arjaybe

#17 Post by arjaybe »

KrispyKritter wrote:I am up to Chapter 17. It is a good read and have you started a sequel to it yet? :number1:

Steve
Well, thank you, but I'm still playing with this one!-)
Green Comet
Space particles.

bowlkook

#18 Post by bowlkook »

Yep, from what I've read so far it's begging to be made into sequels along the lines of Asimov’s Foundation and Arthur C. Clarke's Rama. I don't think I'm over doing it by those comparisons either!

arjaybe

#19 Post by arjaybe »

bowlkook wrote:Yep, from what I've read so far it's begging to be made into sequels along the lines of Asimov’s Foundation and Arthur C. Clarke's Rama. I don't think I'm over doing it by those comparisons either!
Good grief! Give me a moment while the swelling in my head goes down . . .

. . . okay. One of the possibilities in releasing something cc-by-sa is that someone might take it and create a spin on it. Maybe a sequel will come about that way. There are also places in the original story that could be 'filled in.' Chapters could be added, for instance. That is one of the things I'm hoping to explore with this experiment.

In the meantime, this is a lot of fun.-)
Green Comet
Space particles.

arjaybe

#20 Post by arjaybe »

Jerry3904 wrote:My android phone can.

Good work, BTW. Authorship is never easy, and you always feel pretty exposed once it is out there. I have a book in production right now, and find it hard not to get seriously annoyed/irritated when reviewers don't understand or appreciate me...

:frustrated:

EDIT: I just looked at your site, and see that it is very well done for mobile. But I only see two blog posts and no download link
I just caught your edit. Formatting for mobile is done automatically, by a Wordpress plugin if I remember correctly. I'm glad to hear that it comes out nicely.

As for blog posts, I'm not that garrulous, as members of this forum are aware.-) It wasn't my intention to become a blogger, only to have a place for the story to live on the Internet. Actually, I'm kind of hoping there will be some comments to respond to. That might stimulate more posts.

Are you saying there's no download link in the mobile version of the page? I don't have a smart phone or a tablet, so I have no idea.

Thank you for pointing it out.
Green Comet
Space particles.

Return to “Community Fun”