Fast news: @MX_Linux

The Forum is now on mxlinux.org and uses an encrypted (https) connection

Please read this Important information: Linux kernel exploit

• antiX-16, release info here -- watch the video. Torrents here
  • MX-15 (antiX MX), release info here: here. Monthly update/upgrade available here.
  • Older MX Linux releases available on the download page

New users
  • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!

Anyone knows how to get kde transparent to use wallpapers plugin?

Topics/Questions/Guides about Windows Managers and Desktop Environments (other than KDE) should go here.
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Anyone knows how to get kde transparent to use wallpapers plugin?

#1 Postby frisil » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:31 am

my Mepis 8 with compiz is almost fully tweaked now, only one thing remains:

the wallpaper plugin for mapping different wallpapers to different compiz viewports. This does not work, because the kde desktop paints wallpapers over with its own wallpaper. I know the solution is to patch kde to make it its own wallpaper fully transparent so that compiz can work its magic.

Does anyone know an easy way how to do this in Mepis 8 final? I think I need a patched kdebase for my 64-bit Mepis 8. Has anyone built a package for that he or she could share? Or do you have a 64-bit binary I could replace mine with? (I know its not the proper linux way, but this often works!)
BTW, I use the kde3 version that came with Mepis 8 final and I want to keep this, I do not want to ugrade to kde4.

Or do you at least know a how to and proper source for patched soucecodes with compiling instructions?

I know I can use gnome and switch the nautilus desktop off, but I want to keep kde and keep full desktop functionallity, just making the default wallpaper transparent. I know it is doable, but haven't figured out how to do this in Mepis 8 yet. I would be grateful for any help, thanks in advance!

Return to “Other WMs / DEs”