Cutecom could not start sz?

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
John Gay

Cutecom could not start sz?

#1 Post by John Gay »

I have cutecom installed on my Laptop, including lrzsz but even though I can talk to my serial device via the USB port, I cannot send any files as xmodem files. I get the error, could not start sz.
Unfortunately, cutecom seems to be the only serial terminal program that co-operates with my Boarduino.
I've tried googling this error code, but the only information I find is to install lrzsz, which I already have.
Does anyone else have any experience with cutecom, or other serial terminal programs?

Cheers,

John Gay

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

Re: Cutecom could not start sz?

#2 Post by JayM »

Please run MX Tools/Quick System Info, then right-click paste into a reply. (Quick System Info automatically copies the information to the clipboard and formats it properly for the forum so all you have to do is paste it.) Thanks.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

John Gay

Re: Cutecom could not start sz?

#3 Post by John Gay »

According to
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=911378
This bug in Cutecom was fixed in the original source 2 years ago.
In fact the version currently available here via Debian is 0.30.1 from Dec 21 2015.
The latest version is 0.50.0 from Aug 6 2018.

I don't know where I should push to get a more up-to-date version, considering even Debian is over 3 years behind.

Sorry if I'm not approaching this correctly.

Cheers,

John Gay

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”