Re: Bug Reporting Website

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
Gordon Cooper

#1 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Thank you for the announcement Richb. I have successfully registered at the new website, but have nothing report as yet.

Do you wish to limit use of this site to perceived bugs in unadulterated (pure) AntiX and MX, or should problems arising from changes to the system(s) be reported there too?
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

Adrian
Developer

#2 Post by Adrian »

I think all the bugs we can possible fix them should be listed there, normally that's the bugs of MX tools, and in general about the behavior of Live and installed MX system. I don't think there's a clear cut but obviously some bugs will get priority over others (for example a bug that shows up in default Xfce environment would have higher priority than a bug that shows up in desktop environment that we haven't heard before). We'll not be shy to close bugs with "Won't Fix" if we don't think we can do something about them.

Gordon Cooper

#3 Post by Gordon Cooper »

That's a guide, thanks Adrian. Overall it has the potential of transferring much of the Mx Forum mail over to the BugZilla bugs site. Now we get plenty of general discussion about some of the reported bugs here on the Forum. When they are diverted to BZ, is there a restriction as to who can answer ? I am not trying to be difficult, just wondering if this change to BZ will create more work for a few - like yourself ?
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

Adrian
Developer

#4 Post by Adrian »

We haven't discussed these issues, I doubt however that bug reporting site will divert much (any) traffic from the forum, we had a bug tracking before and it was hardly used. It will help us organize and track some reports, there are not going to be any hard requirements like "don't report on forum, report on Bugzilla" or anything like that. It's also not a site for discussions, it's a site for reporting bugs and at least that we'll enforce strictly and cut any needless discussions.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”