request adding Fossamail

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
galaxysurfer

request adding Fossamail

#1 Post by galaxysurfer »

Not sure if this email has found the right place but I will give it a shot. Since this distro is a supporter of Palemoon I would like to request taking on Fossamail. It is no longer supported by creator but he has done security updates on windows version.

Since Thunderbird's last update went the same route as the "new" Firefox I was hoping that a security update maintenance for Fossamail Linux version could be considered? I am not a coder or developer but an enthusiastic user of Linux so I am hoping someone here would be willing to take up the banner for Fossamail. There are addons I was using in the older Thunderbird that no longer work due to the new format adopted by Mozilla as well as side team for Thunderbird that mean no add-ons are supported but in future the web api ones will. I am not a fan of Mozilla's new stance of my way or the highway with the ability to customize being taken away & products morphing into a new flavour of Chrome. A lot of my customizations were/are about accessibility - meaning tweaking sorting & ability to easily see & read mail. I want to retain privacy over correspondence & not go through some corporation's cloud aka gmail, google etc. Thank you for indulging my soapbox. Sick of losing software functionality. As my dad used to say .. if it ain't broke don't "fix" it!

galaxysurfer

Re: request adding Fossamail

#2 Post by galaxysurfer »

Just saw the old thread from last year when Fossamail development was stopped. Sorry if I am possibly beating a dead horse. :crossfingers: Hopefully the changes to Thunderbird can renew interest in Fossamail. :crossfingers:

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”