MX-17.1 Some programs can't resize.

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
Mauser

Re: MX-17.1 Some programs can't resize.

#11 Post by Mauser »

k_sz wrote:
Mauser wrote:OK, thanks.
Have you checked if this window is maximized by default ? It should be the case : maximized windows can't be resized, same as the fullscreen-sized ones.

To check this you could use [Alt]+[F10] to restaure/maximize it and [Alt]+[F8] to resize it.
It works here, like for Eadwine :
That doesn't work. It's still way too tall.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Mauser

#12 Post by Mauser »

asqwerth wrote:
Eadwine Rose wrote:I can make it really small..

I have more than one file in there, but this is the smallest I can get it:

lo.jpg

But indeed not smaller vertically.
You can reduce the height vertically until the Base Database icon is touching the Help & Extensions buttons at the bottom.
No, it won't resize smaller vertically. It can only be resized larger.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

richb
Administrator

#13 Post by richb »

I have run into similar issues on a hi res screen.with dpi set in the fonts appearance settings greater than 96. You may want to check that.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

asqwerth
Developer

#14 Post by asqwerth »

... it won't resize smaller vertically. It can only be resized larger.
Can't explain why you can't on yours, because mine can. What window manager and gtk themes are you using on your system?

Could you test on the Arc-dark+greybird combo that is default on the system, or plain greybird or Arc-dark?
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Mauser

#15 Post by Mauser »

asqwerth wrote:
... it won't resize smaller vertically. It can only be resized larger.
Can't explain why you can't on yours, because mine can. What window manager and gtk themes are you using on your system?

Could you test on the Arc-dark+greybird combo that is default on the system, or plain greybird or Arc-dark?
I can't explain it. Greybird-mx17 with Numix boarder with GNOME-Brave icons and the DPI set to 150 and the display 1920x1080

timkb4cq
Developer

#16 Post by timkb4cq »

It won't resize shorter than this
Screenshot.jpg
on any system I have ever used, including Windows. The rest of the LO applications will, but not the LO "Front Page"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

Mauser

#17 Post by Mauser »

timkb4cq wrote:It won't resize shorter than thisScreenshot.jpgon any system I have ever used, including Windows. The rest of the LO applications will, but not the LO "Front Page"
Mine doesn't even resize that short. I posted this issue on LibreOffice support forum several hours ago, no replies yet. Since only two programs have this issue it must be a problem with LibreOffice and advert-block not scaling properly. This is the shorts of the two. Image Image
Last edited by Mauser on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asqwerth
Developer

#18 Post by asqwerth »

Have you tried changing the window border to Arc Dark as I suggested, and changing the dpi back to 96 per richb's post?
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

Mauser

#19 Post by Mauser »

asqwerth wrote:Have you tried changing the window border to Arc Dark as I suggested, and changing the dpi back to 96 per richb's post?
When I do that I can't see anything because of my eyes.

asqwerth
Developer

#20 Post by asqwerth »

Just to see if resizing works with smaller fonts (suggest you try that first).

If so, then you know exactly what the bug is in LO and can report it to them accordingly. And you can perhaps, by trial and error, find the largest DPI value that still allows you to resize.

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”