MX-17 Screenshots

Show us how you are setting up MX
Mauser

Re: MX-17 Screenshots

#241 Post by Mauser »

Jerry3904 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:24 pm Might want to look through the Users Manual sometime
I do but I could never understand Gibberish language of the command line.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

asqwerth
Developer

#242 Post by asqwerth »

Mauser wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:27 pm
Jerry3904 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:24 pm Might want to look through the Users Manual sometime
Sure, but there is some irony here because in this case you are trying to change/adjust the text output of your terminal - the very interface into which you type commands. You probably can't avoid at least some commands in this case.

Neofetch is a CLI program that will display certain system information if you run it from within a terminal (by using the "neofetch" command). It's not part of the terminal but a separate program which you can install.

It really can't hurt to read through that section of the manual and try to grasp at least some basic ideas or concepts. If you can't understand any part, you can always ask questions here.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Mauser

#243 Post by Mauser »

asqwerth wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:21 am
Mauser wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:27 pm
Sure, but there is some irony here because in this case you are trying to change/adjust the text output of your terminal - the very interface into which you type commands. You probably can't avoid at least some commands in this case.

Neofetch is a CLI program that will display certain system information if you run it from within a terminal (by using the "neofetch" command). It's not part of the terminal but a separate program which you can install.

It really can't hurt to read through that section of the manual and try to grasp at least some basic ideas or concepts. If you can't understand any part, you can always ask questions here.
Back in the early 1980's I couldn't understand the command line and it's 2018 now, I still don't understand it in the 40 some odd years of trying. That's why I ask questions here.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Jerry3904
Administrator

#244 Post by Jerry3904 »

Right, but we weren't talking about the command line. We were talking about the fact that you didn't know how to see hidden files. That answer is in the Users Manual, and finding it requires simple keystrokes:

Alt-F1
Ctrl-F
hidden files

That lands you right on top of this:
Hidden files are out of sight by default, but can be made visible via the menu (View > Show Hidden Files) or by pressing Ctrl-H
Nothing difficult about finding the answer, and nothing scary about taking care of the problem.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

mountain-ash

#245 Post by mountain-ash »

dreamer

#246 Post by dreamer »

I continue my Windows fetish with Bubbles screensaver. It runs glitch-free, but screenshots don’t do it justice. The screenshot utility aborts the screensaver when taking the screenshot and that might be what causes the bubbles to appear distorted.

Background: I can probably find a link if someone is interested
Icons: Rosa icons from Rosa Linux
xfwm: X-Aero (modified)
GTK: TraditionalOk (modified)
Screensaver: Bubbles from Windows 8.1 x64 (uses Wine)

reykev

#247 Post by reykev »

My second post on MX Linux Forums.

Again, it is just a screenshot of my improved desktop. Icons (Launchers) are sorted by category first and name second. First: Documents commonly used; then file managers (3) most Google services excepting Google +, then music sites opened with VLC including my favorite classical music folder on my system, then search (local files and web (4)), then social media (3), then video sites and finally a couple of weather sites.

I have added custom image files to most of them for easy recognition.

Prior to categorization of alphabetically sorted launchers I could still forget I had a link on my desktop. <:0 It seems I only have so many brain cells left and need all the help I can get. :)

I don't mind at all hitting a super key and typing in the first few letters of a program, but having most commonly used links right on my desktop is a very functional thing for me.

And custom images for the panel also, quick recognition. It use to be that the icons for Leafpad and Gedit, for example, looked exactly the same and I would forget which was which. Now a glance lets me know. No guessing or remembering. It works well for me, I've got a lot of room, and it's a great jumping off point for doing whatever I am into at that moment.

That's it. No be deal. But a very functional desktop for me.

And a question: What's the largest file (image) size I can upload?

Thanks again.

Kevin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fehlix
Developer

#248 Post by fehlix »

reykev wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:55 pm ...
I think, it's about 300kB per image. You can squeeze images quite a lot by saving it to jpeg, e.g. from within Nomacs viewer.
It shrinks about 50% to 80% of png size.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

richb
Administrator

#249 Post by richb »

fehlix wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:38 pm
I think, it's about 300kB per image. You can squeeze images quite a lot by saving it to jpeg, e.g. from within Nomacs viewer.
300 KB is correct. You can also use an image hosting service and paste the BB code they post on their site. Just ensure it is a well known legitimate site. I use Imgur.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

reykev

#250 Post by reykev »

fehlix wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Thank you fehlix!

Return to “Themes and Screenshots”