its sticker time ladies and gentlemen

KoO

its sticker time ladies and gentlemen

#1 Post by KoO »

Sorry if this has already been posted I looked in the forums.

antiX & fluxbox sticker by manyroads

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/antiX+li ... =relevant

MX stickers by manyroads & kyledb

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/mx+linux ... =relevant

Thanks manyroads you sure are a jack of all trades. :cool:
Main : MX 19.1-AHS (i3) 5.4.13-1~mx19+1, Asus B450-i AMD 5 3600 , 32gb Hyper-X 3200 , GTX970 . :linuxlove:
Lenovo T430 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.20.12 , i5 , 12gb .
Lenovo X220 : Test Machine (ATM)

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

Re: its sticker time ladies and gentlemen

#2 Post by Eadwine Rose »

Nice!!

Now to fight with the site to get the discount code I got put in hahaha, but I am ordering one for sure!
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-18-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#3 Post by JayM »

If only they also offered smaller ones, like 1x1 inches, I'd get one to cover up the Windows XP sticker on my netbook. 3x3 inches is too big for small laptops.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

Agreed: a 1x1 would be great. But it's nice to see the option available again to users. Maybe somebody can come up with a nice T-shirt design (not: a logo dead center...)
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

mxer

#5 Post by mxer »

JayM wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:00 am If only they also offered smaller ones, like 1x1 inches, I'd get one to cover up the Windows XP sticker on my netbook. 3x3 inches is too big for small laptops.
Just remove it! ;)

I remove all these unsightly stickers from my machines when I get new, (or pre used), ones. :cool:
(FOSS, Linux, & BSD since 1999)

Huckleberry Finn

#6 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

They look really nice, congratulations. Maybe they would consider two alternative versions:

1- MX without white bordering, just black (although that seems to be a part of the original logo) .. People may like it..
2- My avatar, though it's not official .. as a version

Jay, as you might already know; you can at least get rid of unwanted stickers with a "hairdryer" .. Of course, not very close, or on low power if adjustable.. Even just softening the corner would be enough :)

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#7 Post by Eadwine Rose »

1: choose transparent

2: you have to provide that there yourself I'm sure.
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-18-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#8 Post by JayM »

Huckleberry wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:48 am They look really nice, congratulations. Maybe they would consider two alternative versions:

1- MX without white bordering, just black (although that seems to be a part of the original logo) .. People may like it..
2- My avatar, though it's not official .. as a version

Jay, as you might already know; you can at least get rid of unwanted stickers with a "hairdryer" .. Of course, not very close, or on low power if adjustable.. Even just softening the corner would be enough :)
Actually I've found that good old WD-40 spray lubricant does a fine job at loosening the gum/adhesive. Then you can remove the residual WD-40 with alcohol on a swab, then wipe it with a damp cloth to remove the alcohol residue.

Our veterinarian also taught me that acetone (nail polish remover) is good at loosening the adhesive on bandages and medical tape so it doesn't tear out an animal's fur when you go to change them, but that might be rather harsh to use on a laptop computer especially one with a plastic case.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Huckleberry Finn

#9 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

Yes, wd-40 , and another way is "margarine" :) just put some and wait on it.. but may not work well non-paper ones as it won't absorb it.. I also removed a sticker that was there for years from my car with nothing (when it was heated under sun, I remembered to have a touch it, and easily got rid of :) )

Yes, acetone may leave shade on paint etc. and wd-40's main ingredient is "hexane" that dry cleaners use (cleaning clothes..) (therefore, first when you clean something with it (i.e. car paint, bumpers..), it "shines" due to the thin oil, then makes it "dull" due to hexane .. but nothing to afraid on glasses)

manyroads

#10 Post by manyroads »

I'm glad people approve. I am happy to make available any 'non-adult' image as a sticker/ shirt/ hat or whatever. All you need to do i point me to the image you want. Bigger (pixel size) is better. They are able to downsize but upsizing involves pixelation (that doesn't work). You can PM me here with links or email me at
linux -at- eirenicon -dot- org

Edit:
I created and added two new items... for MX.
Stacked Logo & text
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9klda8zmcmrse ... t.png?dl=0

Wide Logo & Text
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6lhsp8z473i0 ... e.png?dl=0

Edit-edit:
I have added a larger more diverse antiX set of logos as well.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Return to “General”