#1 Post by Raitsa »

dolphin_oracle
Developer

Re: MX 18.3 review in Forbes

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle »

not bad!
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#3 Post by JayM »

The MX Linux installer tosses in a welcome surprise almost immediately which screams "hey, we respect your time." Right after you've selected your target disk for installation, MX Linux is off and running, partitioning your disk and copying system files over. In fact, before I was finished taking screenshots of the next 3 steps (choosing where to install a bootloader, entering my computer name/domain and my user account information), the installer had paused and was patiently awaiting my input to proceed!
AK-47, this review's for you!
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

..and for Warren, who created the whole concept we're still using...and for anticapitalista who altered it substantially for antiX---and for Adrian, who's carried out a lot of changes...and others.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#5 Post by JayM »

I installed an old iso of SimplyMEPIS in a VM some months ago and boy, did that installer look familiar. Kudos to the lot of you!
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Huckleberry Finn

#6 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

I agree with this part about the "grey" color (in a constructive manner) but especially the background of the left pane: "If I have one complaint, it's simply that the installer itself looks dated. Dull grey color schemes feel like they're from a different era."

KBD

#7 Post by KBD »

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:34 am I agree with this part about the "grey" color (in a constructive manner) but especially the background of the left pane: "If I have one complaint, it's simply that the installer itself looks dated. Dull grey color schemes feel like they're from a different era."
I get that criticism, but what is the alternative? A dark theme? Something with bright colors? I'd rather it be easy to read and seem rather 'dull' and do its job :) I don't think the colors are bad though, and it's easy to read and focus on the job at hand.
A very nice review.

Huckleberry Finn

#8 Post by Huckleberry Finn »

In fact, the only bad looking one is the left pane imho. (Yes, I guess it's done purposely for it's "antiX" "antique" old ages, ancient times etc.. ) (Meanwhile, I don't mean it should be changed to dark but when I installed my snapshot with minstall -E, and it began with my current theme ( a variant of Arc Dark, Navy background) it really looked nice :) )

Raitsa

#9 Post by Raitsa »

Saw this by the article authorJason Evangelho in Telegram:

Do you use MX Linux as your daily driver? Want to tell L4E listeners WHY? Record a short audio message and send it to linuxforeveryone@pm.me

Alternately, record a voice message on Telegram and send it to directly to me here.

(Deadline: Today at 10pm Pacific)

strider

#10 Post by strider »

question from the reviews. when installing mx on the complete hard drive - and nothing else - no windows. there is a pic on the review that shows instal grub for linux and ms - microsoft/windows. and it is checked. if i am only using and installing mx then leave this box unchecked? i have never saw this before on bodhi or debian or older ubuntu and mint a long time ago. so wanted to know so i do not do something wrong. thanks. waiting for 19 stable to come out and jumping in. i cannot wait. thanks.

Return to “General”