Thanks Stevo

KoO

Thanks Stevo

#1 Post by KoO »

Stevo Thanks so much for all your work considering how many forums you work on Amazing.

Just installed your Liquorix 5.1.0-8.1 kernel from MX test repo on antiX 17 runs Sweet. :number1:
Main : MX 19.1-AHS (i3) 5.4.13-1~mx19+1, Asus B450-i AMD 5 3600 , 32gb Hyper-X 3200 , GTX970 . :linuxlove:
Lenovo T430 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.20.12 , i5 , 12gb .
Lenovo X220 : Test Machine (ATM)

sunrat

Re: Thanks Stevo

#2 Post by sunrat »

I'm sure the name "Stevo" is just a front for Stevo Inc. , a dedicated bunch of uber-nerds who dedicate their life to packaging software and helping people on forums. One person couldn't possibly do all that!

Thanks from me too, Stevo. I just installed that same Liquorix kernel with update Nvidia driver on MX. Also runs sweet.

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#3 Post by ChrisUK »

Although the sentiment is admirable, and I agree that Stevo's nick pops up all over the place ;) Let's not forget that MX/Antix is a team effort - it takes a team of devs, forum staff, various contributors (financial, translations etc), and to a lesser degree, forum helpers, to develop and keep a Distro running smoothly.

So thanks are well deserved by the whole team... if you answered someone's question and solved their problem, you also deserve thanks... It all helps ;)
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

Liquorix now provides builds for Stretch, so we're planning to have MXPI switch over to installing from their repo pretty soon. One change is that their build now defaults to the performance setting for CPU scaling, so the CPU readouts always say its at the top speed. But it doesn't use any more power or generate any more heat, at least on my machine, since modern CPU's come to a full halt state when they aren't doing anything, and you can also switch to the powersave setting with indicator-cpufreq.

Return to “General”