MX-18 RC1 Feedback

richb
Administrator

Re: MX-18 RC1 Feedback

#91 Post by richb »

Stevo wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:02 pm
richb wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:02 pm Installed dolphin from the test repo. When starting dolphin this error:
could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: The name org.kde.klauncher5 was not provided by any .service files. this message:
Probably the same in MX 17
Got that too, but brute-forced-fixed that by installing kde-standard in MXPI.
LOL. I did the same 5 minutes after I got the error. Easier than trying to figure out what is missing.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#92 Post by dolphin_oracle »

its kinit
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Hierax_ca

#93 Post by Hierax_ca »

Hopefully not too late to be just in time before Final, could the freshly released antiX LTS Kernels 4.9.146 and 4.19.10 ( https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic ... available/ ) be included in the MXPI Popular Applications?
MX-17.1: Thinkpad x60t, x61t, x200t, x220t.
MX-18 (32-bit) Thinkpads: 600x*, A31p, T43p, T60p;
MX-18 (64-bit): MacBook13(5,1), Thinkpad x61s, T61pW, T601pF, x200, x301*, T500, W500, W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds*, x220, W520.

Stevo
Developer

#94 Post by Stevo »

Eadwine Rose wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:17 pm
fehlix wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:59 pm
Eadwine Rose wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:56 pm I know I am deaf, might have gone blind as well ..
MXPI :blindfold:
Was in there.. didn't think to look for screensavers :blindfold: :bagoverhead: :p

Sorted.
We just added that section when we moved them from MX 18, so no shame about that!

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#95 Post by dolphin_oracle »

Hierax_ca wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:39 pm Hopefully not too late to be just in time before Final, could the freshly released antiX LTS Kernels 4.9.146 and 4.19.10 ( https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic ... available/ ) be included in the MXPI Popular Applications?
It's on the list.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

dphn

#96 Post by dphn »

Stevo wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:08 pm
dphn wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:20 pm Haven't seen it yet. In MX 17 I've missed thunar-media-tags-plugin. Is this included in MX 18?
Not if nobody's asked for it. I see it in the repo, does it work when installed?

I'm having some thoughts about tlpui, too. We have to check on its localization--if it's only in English, that's not good for everyone. :frown:
Have installed this. It's multilingual I think. I'm from Germany and I've got an additional tab in thunar for editing meta-tags of audio-files (id3, id3v2). It's also in my prefered language. (German)
for those with an eye for the finer details...

Gerson

#97 Post by Gerson »

I'm the only user. Now in the "Login" screen ask for username and password, MX 17 beta up to MX18b1 only asked for password to be the only user.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

Jerry3904
Administrator

#98 Post by Jerry3904 »

Weird. Not here--works normally for me.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

danielson

#99 Post by danielson »

fehlix wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:09 am
j2mcgreg wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 pm I'm getting this in Chrome "Enter password to unlock your login keyring", which would be fine except there was no initial prompt to set up a password.
When you log-in the first time with your normal username and password, during the log-in process a new login-keyring is (shall be) generated automatically by "libpam-gnomekeyring", if not already existing. As protecting password used for this keyring the user's password is used. After login this keyring is automatically unlocked. You can check this by doing the following:
- close all programs like Chrome etc
- clear/remove all existing keyrings

Code: Select all

rm ~/.local/share/keyrings/*
- logout and login
- dont' start Chrome
- open Password and Keys from the Menu
and you'll find a unlocked login-keyring as indicated by the unlocked symbol:
Password-and-keys-login-keyring.png

When you now open Chromium or any other app requiring access to use the keyring,
you will/shall not see any prompt.

If this showing of a password-prompt for unlocking thy keyring happens again, we might have a timing issues during the log-in process.
In that case please do this:
First clear again as described above the keyring.
Next do open Settings -> Application Autostart and click to enable on "Secret Storage Service "GNOME-keyring"
This might fix the timing related issue, if not please report back here.
:puppy:
Thanks!
This has solved the issue with Slimjet here.

RichardTS

#100 Post by RichardTS »

The computer is a Lenovo YOGA 730-15ikb. Intel Core i7-8550U, both Intel and nVidia graphics, 16 GB ram, 4K display.

No flavor of MX-17 will run correctly on it. None of the monthlys. The wireless (rtl8822be) simply does not work.

So, I downloaded the MX-18 beta 1 to make a live USB (UEFI) with persistence Wireless would sometime work but as I booted more often it began to not work. It sees networks but won't connect. Also with the beta the touchpad (synaptic) would freeze and I would have to use my bluetooth mouse just to operate. Bluetooth worked when it felt like it. Changing screen resolution sometimes results in black screen.

On to MX-18 RC1 with anticipation. Virtually the same result except the touchpad seems more reliable. Everything else the same.

Now I travel a lot and generally have no access to an ethernet connection - I have to do wireless always. With older computers MX-17 was flawless in that regard. The wireless always worked right out of the bag. Was one of the main reasons I switched from Ubuntu to MX. And I generally love MX. But this new computer is testing my patience.

Windows 10 works absolutely fine on it with nary a hiccup.

And I have discovered a significant clue about the wireless. If you are connecting to a public network like the wireless in a hotel or at a business, you generally get a login screen, i.e. the wireless code makes a call to the default browser and presents a login screen.

This does not happen with MX-18. And that is a problem. Opening Firefox at that point generally results no visible browser with the message that Firefox is already running when you try again. Once this happens, you can never connect to that network again even though it shows up on the list. The connection attempt at that point will not even show the revolving circle indicating you are connecting. Then it is reboot time. With the same result.

Developers please review this post and work on this. I love MX and want to use the new one on this laptop. But at this time I can't. But you are in good company - Ubuntu doesn't work either and actually locks up the computer.

Be the first in the Linux community to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you.

Return to “General”