Systemd

herbie

Systemd

#1 Post by herbie »

I am just curious, but, is there any timeframe for switching over to FULL systemd.
On my Arch installation I have networking setup for systemd-networkd , hence my question.

Mauser

Re: Systemd

#2 Post by Mauser »

MX Linux will stay SystemD free.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

timkb4cq
Developer

#3 Post by timkb4cq »

Well, not entirely systemd free, we use some of the library functions, but we have no plans to let systemd reside at PID1 if we can keep making things work in a user friendly manner without doing so.

Our sister distro antiX is completely systemd free.
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

And, as the FAQ states, you can easily boot with the systemd option right now in GRUB on installed systems, so what's the rush?

HessenZone

#5 Post by HessenZone »

Just reboot, then select advanced MX options at the grub menu, followed by selecting the MX systemd boot option. That'll boot you right into a systemd environment. Just be certain that that's what you really want. If so, after you're logged in you can then select grub-customizer from your start button/main menu, in order to move the systemd boot option into the first position. Then you'll always boot into systemd by default. Please mark this post as solved if this answered your question ... by editing your very first post here and adding SOLVED to the beginning of the thread title. Thank you.

MX Linux Rocks, in America, in Europa, in Australien, einfach ÜBERALL. :linuxlove:

Return to “General”