MX-17.1-RC1 Release Candidate Feedback

chrispop99
Global Moderator

Re: MX-17.1-RC1 Release Candidate Feedback

#31 Post by chrispop99 »

Is there any possibility to change folder color as like in mate and cinnamon
AFAIK this is a limitation of XFCE, and not something the MX team will address.

My workaround is to add an emblem to a folder I want to stand out.

Chris
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

asqwerth
Developer

#32 Post by asqwerth »

vamsi wrote: 2) Is there any possibility to change folder color as like in mate and cinnamon we can change the color of the folder will it be possible to add color pallet to folder properties so that we can select any color and can change it like changing XFCE panel color
That is dependent on XFCE development.

MATE and Cinnamon have that functionality to change folder colour from within file manager without needing to change to a different icon set/variant. But that is a feature of those DEs themselves.

Unfortunately, XFCE doesn't have that feature.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

vamsi

#33 Post by vamsi »

asqwerth wrote: That is dependent on XFCE development.

MATE and Cinnamon have that functionality to change folder colour from within file manager without needing to change to a different icon set/variant. But that is a feature of those DEs themselves.

Thanks for the reply in the suggestions i have made any of them are possible in the near future

Thanks.. :happy: :happy:

Jerry3904
Administrator

#34 Post by Jerry3904 »

chrispop99 wrote:
Jerry3904 wrote:Looks pretty darned good so far.

One minor item: when the Welcome screen comes up, if I click an icon/link the screen disappears for a second--and then pops back up.
Do you mean if you click, say, the Manual icon, the Welcome screen 'blinks' very quickly?

If so, that happens for me on MX-17 also.

Chris
Yes. It should just disappear.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

asqwerth
Developer

#35 Post by asqwerth »

vamsi wrote:
asqwerth wrote: That is dependent on XFCE development.

Thanks for the reply in the suggestions i have made any of them are possible in the near future

Thanks.. :happy: :happy:
You should start a different thread on this, for suggested new features. This is the feedback thread for the 17.1 RC, to ascertain if there are any problems or bugs.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

vamsi

#36 Post by vamsi »

asqwerth wrote: You should start a different thread on this, for suggested new features. This is the feedback thread for the 17.1 RC, to ascertain if there are any problems or bugs.
ok..

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#37 Post by dolphin_oracle »

Eadwine Rose wrote:No rush to sort this for me.

On the current install (jan snapshot) I use both pulseaudio and alsa. Alsa just for tvtime.

I don't mess with any of the settings (if I do I am greeted with a hum that I cannot get rid of).

To regulate the sound I use amixer -c 0 set Line toggle, amixer -c 0 set Line 1%- and amixer -c 0 set Line 1%+ assigned to keycombos.

In this install (see siggie) when I turn off tvtime (as in quit the program) the sound mutes and the icon in the notification area gets an X. Things like VLC,browser, anything that gets regulated with pulseaudio is muted. To fix this all I have to do is slide the slider in the icon down and up to unmute.

Not quite so in the RC1. It's the same behavior, muting sound upon quitting tvtime, but the icon doesn't show the X. So instead of being able to fix it by grabbing the slider (which now does nothing) I have to start tvtime again.

I haven't tested it by turning tvtime off and then rebooting to see if the sound is back then to be honest, but this is the one issue I run into.

Again no rush, there are more important things, but I wanted to throw it out there. :)
literally nothing has changed in the alsamixer/pulseaudio setup, with the possible exception of any driver stuff at play in the kernel. its obvious to me though that the alsamixer channels are being muted, but not necessarily the pulseaudio master channel. volumeicon dislays the pulseaudio-master channel by default.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

asqwerth
Developer

#38 Post by asqwerth »

For what it's worth, Eadwine Rose, I found that the volume was off after a real metal install of MX17 (Virtualbox install was fine). Somehow the mute function was enabled in Pulseaudio by default . Happened that way in 2 separate installations of MX17 on my desktop PC.

It was hard to spot because the mute button in the pulseaudio interface is so faint and innocuous, at least when using the default greybird theme.

MX15-16 did not have that.

Have not tested 17.1RC yet.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#39 Post by dolphin_oracle »

Mauser wrote:
richb wrote:In thunar right click on the downloaded iso and choose compute md5sum. If it reads 07ca304647a611b65b7aafc79a718c15 MX-17.1-RC1_x64.iso it is correct. That checks the down loaded file.
OK. Thanks. It's correct. I tried a live session again and there is still no panel and only the standard XFCE wall paper. I right click on the desktop and the only items that respond is the terminal and log out.

what brand/model/speed(usb1, 2 or 3) of usb stick do you have.

and could you try making the stick using "dd" mode of live-usb-maker.

the symptoms seem to match a missing xfce configuration in the home folder and/or xfce4-session not starting correctly. Why you are getting it and no one else (so far anyway) is the mystery.
Last edited by dolphin_oracle on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Paul..

#40 Post by Paul.. »

Ran live installed via Live USB Maker. Perfect.

Gotta be the brand of USB stick, Mauser.

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

Return to “General”