https://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-lin ... X17/beta1/
32bit http://linuxtracker.org/download.php?id ... rent&key=0
64bit http://linuxtracker.org/download.php?id ... rent&key=0
The beta 1 features the following :
- latest live system changes and fixes from the antiX project
- the latest updates from debian (stretch)
- 4.9.0-4 kernels (alphas featured 4.9.0-3)
- the 32 bit iso has a PAE kernel. The non-pae has been removed.
- updated packages, including libreoffice 5.4.1
- new and updated mx-apps
- mx-tweak replaces mx-defaultlook and provides one-stop spot for simple compositor (Xfce or Compton), panel, and other "tweak" type changes
- mx-conky provides a method for doing simple edits to conky files (color changes, etc...)
- mx-network-assistanct replaces mx-broadcom-manager as a general purpose network troubleshooting tool.
- mx-tools now has a larger interface
- changes to the update mananger (apt-notifier), including new themes available in preferences
- misc. changes to most of the other mx-apps
- the applications menu now has a mx-tools submenu to help organize the menu a little bit.
- gthumb replaces shotwell and mirage (both still available in mx-packageinstaller)
- featherpad, a qt-based text editor with tabbed interface and code markup, replaces leafpad.
- new art work and icons (current wallpaper is not final, just being used for beta 1 release)
- several pre-packaged conky configurations (see conky-manager to change and select)
- The manual has not yet been updated for MX-17.
- Translations are not yet complete for the new mx-apps and some are still being updated.
- Some testers during alpha reported shutdown problems when using the encrypted home option. We have included a fix, but it has received limited testing.
Please post conky comments here: The MX-17 conkies
If posting hardware issues, please post the output of the terminal command "inxi -F" at a minimum.
If posting nvidia-installer issues, please post the contents of /var/log/ddm.log.
If posting remaster issues, please include the contents of /var/log/live/live-remaster.log
Dolphin Oracle (on behalf of the MX dev team).