MX-Workbench Community Respin

Adrian
Developer

Re: MX-Workbench Community Respin

#41 Post by Adrian »

Sure thing, also, if you have any question about "custom-toolbar" or suggestion please let me know. It's a rather simple tool that you can use to build collection of tools like "MX Tools" but it can be anything, games, sysadmin tools, and so on, you can create a number of .list file and with the same tool you can used different .desktop files to call those lists directly. The format in .list is shown in example.list and in Help.

asqwerth
Developer

#42 Post by asqwerth »

Dolphin_Oracle did a Youtube tutorial on how to modify the custom-toolbox as well as use it for your own toolbox of stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwLz2vLc_qg&t=411s
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

PhilH

#43 Post by PhilH »

Forgot all about the awesome videos put out by Dolphin_Oracle. Another VERY valuable support tool by the outstanding devs.
Distro: MX-18.2_x64 Continuum Feb 9 2019
Laptop:HP2016 Kernel: 4.13.0-1-amd64 x86_64
Desktop: Asus2014 Kernel: 4.19.0-1-amd64 x86_64, AMD A10-6700
Play/Netbook: MX-Workbench Kernel: 4.15.0-1-amd64 x86_64

Adrian
Developer

#44 Post by Adrian »

I posted a 18.8 version https://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-lin ... y_Respins/
Use the zsync-respins.sh to get the ISOs it will save you a lot of time and bandwidth if you have an older ISO.

Changelog:
- updated 174 packages
- added attr, rename, mx-boot-options packages
- removed grub-customizer (as discussed in this thread it's actually meant for running on installed system not on live environment but it can be made to work, if you want it "apt-get install grub-customizer"
- set "linssid root" I think this should fix the problem reported before

If you use the old ISO you don't really need to download the new ones, you can do an apt-get update and upgrade and then remaster.

towwire

#45 Post by towwire »

Adrian wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:47 pm I posted a 18.8 version https://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-lin ... y_Respins/
Use the zsync-respins.sh to get the ISOs it will save you a lot of time and bandwidth if you have an older ISO.

Changelog:
- updated 174 packages
- added attr, rename, mx-boot-options packages
- removed grub-customizer (as discussed in this thread it's actually meant for running on installed system not on live environment but it can be made to work, if you want it "apt-get install grub-customizer"
- set "linssid root" I think this should fix the problem reported before

If you use the old ISO you don't really need to download the new ones, you can do an apt-get update and upgrade and then remaster.
Tried, did not work. Error.

Code: Select all

Executing zsync command
failed on url https://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-linux/files/Snapshots/Community_Respins/download_MX-Workbench-18.8_x64.iso.zsync
could not read control file from URL http://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-linux/files/Snapshots/Community_Respins/download_MX-Workbench-18.8_x64.iso.zsync

Adrian
Developer

#46 Post by Adrian »

OK, give me a moment to fix the script.

EDIT: I think you took the "download_filename.iso" too literally. The command should look like this:

./zsync-respins.sh MX-Workbench-18.8_386.iso MX-Workbench-18.8_x64.iso
or:

./zsync-respins.sh MX-Workbench-18.8_386.iso
The last one tries to find another MX*386.iso file in the current folder to use as an input file.

Richard

#47 Post by Richard »

I'll have to give that a shot.
I just downloaded the 386-ISO for general use.
Thanks.
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

paul1149

#48 Post by paul1149 »

I just heard of this this week on reddit, and I just tried it to clone a drive. Twice, clonezilla began cloning the drive, but as a partition began to be worked on MX would mount it, and that broke clonezilla.
MX-19-KDE x64, on Ryzen 5, 16GB RAM, SSD. Nvidia graphics.

Adrian
Developer

#49 Post by Adrian »

paul1149 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:10 pm I just heard of this this week on reddit, and I just tried it to clone a drive. Twice, clonezilla began cloning the drive, but as a partition began to be worked on MX would mount it, and that broke clonezilla.
Disable autmounting. It easy in Xfce. You can also do that from console. Save that setting as persistent or remaster.

Thunar -> Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced: uncheck Enable volume management.

or CLI (you need xconf installed):

xfconf-query --channel thunar-volman --property /automount-drives/enabled --set false

paul1149

#50 Post by paul1149 »

Adrian wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:28 pm
Disable autmounting. It easy in Xfce. You can also do that from console. Save that setting as persistent or remaster.

Thunar -> Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced: uncheck Enable volume management.

or CLI (you need xconf installed):

xfconf-query --channel thunar-volman --property /automount-drives/enabled --set false
Ok, thank you. I'm on a dvd with it now, so I'll have to do it each time, as I don't know how to remaster as yet.
MX-19-KDE x64, on Ryzen 5, 16GB RAM, SSD. Nvidia graphics.

Return to “General”