MX Linux hit #7

Stevo
Developer

Re: MX Linux hit #7

#11 Post by Stevo »

Jerry3904 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:40 pm Still, it tries my patience. Like the person who complained on DW that MX wouldn't let him out the panel at the bottom (sob)
Especially when it's clearly explained in the Fine Manual! What does that person want, a default wallpaper with tips and faqs on it?

wulf

#12 Post by wulf »

I think this forum is great. It has a level of maturity and decorum that is woefully lacking in some others. In the six months I've been here, I have really appreciated the willingness of people to help with any problems I've had, or with questions I've posed. It's a good place to visit, and a good place for me to learn, and I'm sure it will continue to be so.
I've seen some passive-aggressive comments on here, and some downright troll-like comments too from time to time, but generally, folk with those attitudes tend to fade away after a while, especially if no one rises to the bait.

Mauser

#13 Post by Mauser »

clicktician wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:10 pm I think I'm the only MX user and forum member who thinks this is just awful. Every tick up that chart means the forum gets more and more posts like:

1) I just installed MX, and here's my opinion of your miserable attempt.
2) The window frames are not to my liking, so "it's crap."
3) Ubuntu doesn't do it this way, so you're doing it wrong.
4) I have 10 years of experience with Linux, and my 1952 printer doesn't work like it does with Mint.
5) My Linux boxes are 20 years old and have never been rebooted. You are lucky I am here. But MX isn't usable because it needs more than 64Kb of ram.
... and my personal fave...
5) If you can't solve MY problem, I'm just going back to Windows.

How long do you think developers and support peeps are going to listen to that relentless stuff without becoming discouraged and unresponsive?
Popularity is great for some things, and it's the death of others.
Those lying trolls should be swiftly kicked out and blocked from the forum.
Last edited by Mauser on Mon May 21, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Mauser

#14 Post by Mauser »

Redacted wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:57 pm
duane wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:17 pm Lets try to keep it positive.
This is one of the hardest things for me when people start complaining (not asking) about this, that and everything.
I know I'm a relative noob to MX, but not to Linux. It's all I've been using for at least 12 or 13 years.
I have never seen a forum or distribution where the devs and admin are more responsive to users.
I've never had a distro that ran so hassle free and was so easy to tweak.
So again, why can't people post their problems in a civil and appreciative way?
Because they are not people. They are lying trolls.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Gordon Cooper

#15 Post by Gordon Cooper »

wulf wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 6:50 pm
I've seen some passive-aggressive comments on here, and some downright troll-like comments too from time to time, but generally, folk with those attitudes tend to fade away after a while, especially if no one rises to the bait.
Agree. We should just ignore them.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

asqwerth
Developer

#16 Post by asqwerth »

On the other hand, sometimes (not always, I stress!) a new member could come across sounding rude or demanding because they aren't so proficient in English. Best to give them the benefit of the doubt, at least initially, and see their responses/reactions when you answer their requests for help/questions.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

cyrilus31

#17 Post by cyrilus31 »

asqwerth wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:47 pm On the other hand, sometimes (not always, I stress!) a new member could come across sounding rude or demanding because they aren't so proficient in English. Best to give them the benefit of the doubt, at least initially, and see their responses/reactions when you answer their requests for help/questions.
Yup. We are billions of non-native english speakers so be understanding ;)
Expressing something technical maybe hard so imagine when you have to express it in another language.

stsoh

#18 Post by stsoh »

Code: Select all

4) I have 10 years of experience with Linux, and my 1952 printer doesn't work like it does with Mint.
definitely trolling, 10yrs of using linux experience, yet his points are all negative.
not even responding when many here readily want to help him.
all mx users greatly appreciated, mxlinux is :number1:
MX-17.1_x64 Horizon, G41M-P33 Combo (MS-7592), Pentium E5400 (2706 MHz), 8Gb RAM (984 MT/s),
Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics, Realtek PCIe Fast RTL8101/2/6E, PCI Gigabit RTL8169 Ethernets.
Accepted Linux when i found MX-Linux in 2016.

Return to “General”