XFCE Terminal Window Real Estate

onblm

XFCE Terminal Window Real Estate

#1 Post by onblm »

Good day!

Just wanted to post my inquiry here maybe somebody has encountered the same. When I open a terminal window it always has an extra space at the bottom that it does not occupy. It seems like it is reserving a space for the Terminal Menu Bar because when I show the menu bar it occupies the said space. Please look at the picture below.

https://pasteboard.co/IsjEPwB.png

Does anybody know how can I use that blank space for my terminal without showing the menu bar?

Thanks!

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

Re: XFCE Terminal Window Real Estate

#2 Post by JayM »

I can't see what you're talking about in your screenshot. I see the prompt at the very top of the terminal. Perhaps if you posted a screenshot of the entire terminal against a light-colored background it would be more clear as to what you mean.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

rich

#3 Post by rich »

what window manager

kmathern
Developer

#4 Post by kmathern »

The resize handles get in the way and won't let you drag it all the way to the bottom of the screen.

Something like this works for me to get the terminal window to use the full height of the screen.

Code: Select all

xdotool getactivewindow windowsize --usehints %0 96%
The first number is for the width, it doesn't change the terminal window's width when you use %0. The second number is for the height, originally I thought you would use %100 but I found I couldn't see the prompt when it was at the bottom of the terminal window using %100, so I backed if off some. Oh, and the menubar is disabled.
Last edited by kmathern on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

KoO

#5 Post by KoO »

Right click on the terminal have a look through preferences maybe this may help you fill the bottom pixels. ?
Main : MX 19.1-AHS (i3) 5.4.13-1~mx19+1, Asus B450-i AMD 5 3600 , 32gb Hyper-X 3200 , GTX970 . :linuxlove:
Lenovo T430 : Debian10 antiX17 (i3) , 4.20.12 , i5 , 12gb .
Lenovo X220 : Test Machine (ATM)

komer

#6 Post by komer »

Post deleted by author.

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”