How to get windows to open within same workspace?  [Solved]

danielson

How to get windows to open within same workspace?

#1 Post by danielson »

Have external monitor as secondary (like to leave clock conky on default) and panel extended to both.
How can all application windows opened in secondary open in it by default instead of opening in default monitor?

Here's an example:
Vivaldi opens on secondary monitor but selecting "tools" from the menu opens on default.

i_ri

Re: How to get windows to open within same workspace?  [Solved]

#2 Post by i_ri »

hello danielson
"panel extended to both"[monitors] means a single workspace. is that right? the machine window manager knows nothing about "secondary" display.
danielson you know well the xfce settings window manager tweaks tab for "Placement" might be time for new habit, with that extended set-up, for open window under mouse pointer.
I always have so few windows open that either prearrangement movement of windows to outguess, anticipate, or force the smart center placement of the new window into an open area has few surprises; not like yours opening on the screen next door. I have little to manage. clear some open space to outguess it, or ...
is open new window under mouse pointer something you have worked with previously? how does it work out for You?

danielson

Re: How to get windows to open within same workspace?

#3 Post by danielson »

Focus follows mouse does work for me (extended panel - one workspace).
https://snag.gy/gSom8Q.jpg

Return to “XFCE Desktop Environment”