failed to create required partitions returning to step 1

When you run into problems installing MX Linux XFCE
minhgiau998

Re: failed to create required partitions returning to step 1

#21 Post by minhgiau998 »

I know the solution for this post. you just run Installer with "root" access because it looks like Window (run as administrator). You click right to Installer and choose "Open root Thunar here" to run as "root". Let me know if you install success!

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#22 Post by JayM »

minhgiau998 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:39 am I know the solution for this post. you just run Installer with "root" access because it looks like Window (run as administrator). You click right to Installer and choose "Open root Thunar here" to run as "root". Let me know if you install success!
Know how I know that you didn't read the entire thread? :smile: (Anyway, the installer already runs as root.)
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

kozoloop

#23 Post by kozoloop »

same issue "failed to format required partitions" nvme drive on dell xps 9570

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#24 Post by JayM »

kozoloop wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:30 am same issue "failed to format required partitions" nvme drive on dell xps 9570
Failed to format is different than failed to create, which is what this topic is about.

You'll have better luck getting help if you create a new topic for your help request rather than replying to someone else's month-old dead thread, and also provide your system information as per the "how to ask for help" guide linked in my signature.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

WasteEmu77

#25 Post by WasteEmu77 »

I dont know if you made a new thread on this but I had the same issue and I sort of solved this:

Dont use the auto install option and flag the partitions within the custom install menu (as in click on the partition and select root and swap, I did not build a home partition but I think the designation-click was the issue)), it should successfully pass the 12% mark

If you want send a reply and i'll make screenshots with the exact mechanism that solved it.

1 heres the mechanism: open the minstall menu and click auto install then wait for the error = > exit the menu

2 now open the menu again and instead of selecting auto install select custom

3 you should see a partition scheme click on the gparted icon and verify if the partition scheme already exists if yes then exit gparted if no then build the 500mb fat32 grub boot and the home + root parts.

4 now I think this is the problem it is probably an installation code issue that they forgot to debug but here it comes: within the custom menu select the designation tab and define the roles for the partitions (Again) (the partitions you saw in gparted) after specifically selecting the roles you should be able to click "next" and it should pass the "12% formatting root partition" mark.

I had the same problem and was pulling my hair out just like you

Return to “Installation”