'burn' ISO onto pendrive

bmike1

Re: 'burn' ISO onto pendrive

#11 Post by bmike1 »

will the unetbootin create with persistence? It only says it does with Ubuntu.
---
answered my own question.... I just ran unetbootin with persistance and created files weren't saved upon reboot.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#12 Post by dolphin_oracle »

unetbootin only creates ubuntu persistece files. YOu can boot a liveUSB made with unetbootin, and use the remasterrCC tool to create your persistence files after the fact. I go through this step by step in the video I posted. You might want to check it out before your next attempt.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

bmike1

#13 Post by bmike1 »

dolphin_oracle wrote:and of course youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W__qWfacOZs
The video won't load.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#14 Post by Jerry3904 »

It loads fine here--did you click on the F/run icon to start it?
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

bmike1

#15 Post by bmike1 »

I'm watching it from Mint.... there is no F/run icon. It loaded this time though.

bmike1

#16 Post by bmike1 »

bmike1 wrote:well... I think something is wrong, persistence is unly available with a fat file system. then I had to copy the iso onto the mX machine to use it, then it told me something was wrong but proceeded to do the install anyways. and this screwed up the mX14 machine. I can either do a reinstall or we can try to fix it. what do you want to do? I say 'fix it' but I have nothing but time today and tomorrow. what do you want?
the silence was deafiening. so I reinstalled it.
How strange.... after the reinstall I didn't need to add the boot parameters acpi=off or vga=791 or vga=792. it just worked this time. I wonder why? any ideas? the only thing I did differently is a separate home partition.

bmike1

#17 Post by bmike1 »

stranger and stranger still. it doesn't act like before. instead of X not starting except for a gui cursor on a black screen indicating needing to put in the vga=? parameter XBMC would start to a black screen. I didn't need to put the acpi=? parameter in though

Return to “Older Versions”