pet pics

Here you can just talk about MX or post interesting topics about what you have done in MX that you want to share with others. Other non-MX topics can be discussed within the Rules of the Forum.
rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

Re: pet pics

#21 Post by rokytnji.1 »

The pack minus 1 dog. Heading off to get fed. The pitbull is named Lulus and is a girl. She is such a gentle creature. Understands commands quickly and is eager to please

Popeye, a Pug and Chihuahua mix

Monty , a full blown male chihuahua

I rescue death row mutts abandoned by owners that abandon them at the local Animal Control Centre < aka Dog Pound >. When I take them home. Their next stop was a Euthanasia Needle. I train them to guard my shop, motorcycles, and my family. I trust them alone with my grand kids.
Abandoned pets make the best pets IMO. Because they love unconditionally. Even Miso was a throw away. She comes when called like a dog.
Mutts and Mix Breed animals are very quick on learning and clever also. Given the right owner.

I don't chain animals up all day. I don't let stay outside when the temp drops below freezing. They come in the house to stay warm and toasty during the night. :anicat: Image

Miso the cat, Is a prey catcher and nothing moves in my place without her intervention. I keep pets to remind me life is good. Especially when BBQ and Beer and friends are present. They are sociable when I am present.

The kennel

Beautiful cat rokytnji.1!
Thanks for that. She was a fraidy cat when I brought her home from the pound . I threw her in the kennel with the dogs till she figured things out. As you can see.
She did not suffer from the experience and the dogs educated her on how good things were with me as a pet owner.
Pretty soon. About a week. She was greeting me also when I stepped out to the kennel to feed everyone.

I got weird ideas on how I raise my pets. But they are healthy minded and most are over weight. Because of canine tendencies. If it is there.
They will eat and eat and eat. With the pack mentality. Not enough food. Fights start.

Last photo. Lulus when I 1st saved her from death row

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#22 Post by Eadwine Rose »

Good thing you do, thank you for saving them :)
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-18-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

Mauser

#23 Post by Mauser »

[quote="rokytnji.1"][/quote]
You're a good man, nice dogs.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

skidoo

#24 Post by skidoo »

My last "pet" was a pair of these ~~ I got chumped into promising to "find 'em a good home" when kid moved to Florida.
The male was 34" long & had an annoying habit of charging, and climbing up my nekked leg like a ima tree trunk, at feeding time.
Favorite food, seasonally, was Rose of Sharon blossoms; year-round, steamed broccoli florets.
Took me durn near 2 years to rehome the pair. Took another couple months for me to break my habit of cooking broccoli daily.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#25 Post by Jerry3904 »

Only a mother...
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

#26 Post by rokytnji.1 »

The male was 34" long & had an annoying habit of charging, and climbing up my nekked leg like a ima tree trunk, at feeding time.
I taught mine the word sit and it's meaning. They were dumb dogs and cats till I schooled them. Like tweaking stuff on your Linux computer. Training takes some effort. Hence why just I won't just let anyone I don't check out first adopt them.
Pizza night in the Kitchen during a past winter. Some of the dogs and cats in the pic are are adopted and gone.

I got into this pattern of behaviour after my wife got the job of Animal Control Officer. She has since moved on to the City Building Code enforcement dept. Perk is. I get free Dektop and Laptop gear when the city Upgrades from Windows what ever. I have not bought a computer or peripherals for a while. My stuff is not latest greatest. But I don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I found I enjoyed taking care of pets. The love/companionship is good for me in my senior years. So I keep my hand in this even though my wife has moved on in her job career.

cyrilus31

#27 Post by cyrilus31 »

@ Roky : do they go with you on road trip? :rock:

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

#28 Post by rokytnji.1 »

cyrilus31 wrote:@ Roky : do they go with you on road trip? :rock:
I took Popeye when he was younger down Bourbon Street in New Orleans when visiting my oldest boy there. He stays single and was living with a magazine model there. The bars are dog friendly and let you bring in your dog when deciding to partake in their place for food and drink.

A panhandler. They are legit in New Orleans and have freedom of the streets. Trying to hustle me on the sidewalk. Part of his hustle was to reach down and pet Popeye on his leash I was leading him with.

Popeye. Being a the Alpha male of the pack. Did not like this pan handlers hustle/demeanour. He probably sensed the dudes inner self. So he grabbed the dudes hand and let him know. Hands off. Which made the pan handler move on.

I take em sometimes. Sometimes I don't. Depends on where I am going and transportation involved. I like taking the little dogs. The big ones watch the shop.

My dogs are easy going. But they aint push overs either. :poke:

Mauser

#29 Post by Mauser »

rokytnji.1 They look like they are waiting for food.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

rokytnji.1
Global Moderator

#30 Post by rokytnji.1 »

Mauser wrote:rokytnji.1 They look like they are waiting for food.
Well. It was Pizza Night that night. I'd be waiting also if I was dog. Shoot. There is no 5 second rule on my floor.

Where I get my pets from.

http://www.pecostx.gov/government/depar ... al-control

One I rescued but now adopted.

Edit: another one

Sasha-Happy_D0g.jpg~original.jpeg

My Wife with the pack. Last winter. Lulus is younger and smaller. She is about 50 lbs or so now.

Notice the couch is covered, for outside dog obvious reasons.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Community Fun”