Is there a How-To for creating a custom re-spin?

manyroads

Re: Is there a How-To for creating a custom re-spin?

#11 Post by manyroads »

Die Bios hat fast nichts damit zu tuen. (I don't think the Bios matters). Du brauchst bloß ein gutes Computer (CPU) haben. (You need a good CPU).
Last edited by manyroads on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

peter_li

#12 Post by peter_li »

Jerry3904 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:42 am Hast du dies gesehen:

https://mxlinux.org/wiki/help-files/hel ... -snapshot/
Thanks a lot, I had read it now. I wonder about your good tools and that its really that simple. Congratulations. But it may also help when you state also that the compression rate is not only a bit but really impressing.
DELL Latitude E6510 i5, 4 threads with Kernel 5.10, MX-21 Mate and Windows 10.
Deutsches Wiki: https://wiki.mxlinuxusers.de/wiki/Hauptseite unter Verwendung von MediaWiki

peter_li

#13 Post by peter_li »

manyroads wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:08 am It is not your swap space that matters (wie sagt mann swap space... UmtauschungsPlatz?) . I believe the issue is working space (Arbeitsplatz). 30G soll genug sein (should be enough). Und ja, es kann dauerhaft sein (yes it can be slow).
Just cause you ask: You can say Swap-Platz like Google do it or Auslagerungs-Platz. This remembers me to the old Win95 days where we have to create a Swapfile/Auslagerungsdatei.

In general I can say I have no problems to understand technical terms like swap cause they are common but with some expressions here where I have to consult the Urban dictionary first.
DELL Latitude E6510 i5, 4 threads with Kernel 5.10, MX-21 Mate and Windows 10.
Deutsches Wiki: https://wiki.mxlinuxusers.de/wiki/Hauptseite unter Verwendung von MediaWiki

BitJam
Developer

#14 Post by BitJam »

IMO the translation discussion should be moved to a new thread in the Translations forum.

I'm sure there are many strings we could change or comment to make translation of them easier. It would be a big help if the specific package and string (in English) were given along with a suggested fix or question. I give no guarantee that every issue will be addressed but this will at least give us a fighting chance to address them.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you are the easiest person to fool."

-- Richard Feynman

manyroads

#15 Post by manyroads »

BitJam wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:31 pm IMO the translation discussion should be moved to a new thread in the Translations forum.

I'm sure there are many strings we could change or comment to make translation of them easier. It would be a big help if the specific package and string (in English) were given along with a suggested fix or question. I give no guarantee that every issue will be addressed but this will at least give us a fighting chance to address them.
I'll start the thread...
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Return to “Community Submissions”