Dual boot installation: Icon MX Installer not appear  [Solved]

UdoMX

Dual boot installation: Icon MX Installer not appear

#1 Post by UdoMX »

Hello,
I have a lenovo laptop T530 and want to create a dual boot with Windows 10 and MX Linux 19.4. In the past I had successfully installed MX 19.2 on an old Dell Laptop... After the boot process from a USB stick I get only the "welcome screen" from MX Linux 19.4. The background screen behind is blue (with a white mouse) - not the typical black screen with the icon MX Installer. So I can not start the installation. If I will start the installation via Terminal, the message "installer already running" appears. Before I have created with Gparted an separate partion for MX Linux. I tried different settings in the BIOS - but no solution. Secure booting does not appear in the BIOS. I also switched off quick start in Windows.
Could you please help me ?
Greetings Udo

Adrian
Developer

Re: Dual boot installation: Icon MX Installer not appear

#2 Post by Adrian »

At boot time can you please press F4 and select "checkmd5" to check the integrity of the files? Something seems fishy if you get a different background and you don't see all the icons on the Desktop -- it could be an issue with the downloaded file or with the USB flashdrive itself.

fehlix
Developer

Re: Dual boot installation: Icon MX Installer not appear  [Solved]

#3 Post by fehlix »

UdoMX wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:59 am Hello,
I have a lenovo laptop T530 and want to create a dual boot with Windows 10 and MX Linux 19.4. In the past I had successfully installed MX 19.2 on an old Dell Laptop... After the boot process from a USB stick I get only the "welcome screen" from MX Linux 19.4. The background screen behind is blue (with a white mouse) - not the typical black screen with the icon MX Installer. So I can not start the installation. If I will start the installation via Terminal, the message "installer already running" appears. Before I have created with Gparted an separate partion for MX Linux. I tried different settings in the BIOS - but no solution. Secure booting does not appear in the BIOS. I also switched off quick start in Windows.
Could you please help me ?
Greetings Udo
That's probably the background of 2nd monitor you get in dual or multi-display, which is kept intentionally as the standard Xfce wallpaper.
The first monitor/display might not be visible in case you booted from a docking-station. Right-click on the desktop and navigate Setting -> Display to adjust the Display-settings.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

UdoMX

Re: Dual boot installation: Icon MX Installer not appear (solution)

#4 Post by UdoMX »

Hello,
thank you very much - that was the solution. I tried several hours to slove this problem - now I have the solution. It is so easy, thank you so much !!!
Greetings Udo

Return to “Chat”