I have just finished the creation of a light database application (C language) !

skidoo

Re: I have just finished the creation of a light database application (C language) !

#2 Post by skidoo »

Can't guess whether you intended to ship "undo1.dat" and "undo2.dat" or those are artifacts.
(just letting you know I grabbed the gz and took a peek)
Due to the shipped "binaries" (other than your app, what can read the "dat" files?) I personally wouldn't launch it outside of VBox, and zenity is alien to my system... but it's a nice project ~~ kudos for the custom UI.

fanisatt

Re: I have just finished the creation of a light database application (C language) !

#3 Post by fanisatt »

& skidoo
Thanks for your response. Iam glad you like it.
No problem with undo.dat files. These are temporary files creating by the basic input function of the application.
The other .dat files have a specific format appropriate for reading only by C functions of my own in pedaba code.
PEDABA : PErsonal DAta BAse....
Best regards

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

zenity is alien to my system
Right. For MX you might want to do a search/replace with the default yad (and make any corrections necessary).
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

fanisatt

#5 Post by fanisatt »

&jerry3904
Thanks for your response !
Best Regards

Jerry3904
Administrator

#7 Post by Jerry3904 »

Nice! I'll take a look later today.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

fanisatt

#8 Post by fanisatt »

Have a good time Jerry ! Thanks !

Stevo
Developer

#9 Post by Stevo »

Zenity is in the default Debian repos, so I wouldn't call it "alien", just "not installed." You might want to stick with it if stock Debian doesn't have yad.

fanisatt

#10 Post by fanisatt »

I used zenity for date and file selection because this is a well known application in Linux.
But the zenity date selection was very poor for data base demands so I made my own C function for date data fields and I replaced it.
I am not sure if I also have to replace zenity file selection with the yad one or, if I have to work 3-4-5-6 months.... to make something else totally independent of the Operating System preferences, as I have done with my date finder tool.
Anyway , I think that yad is very-very nice !!!!!! Perhaps I have to make a special edition only for MX Linux with yad , because this is my OS today.
Please note that the last video is a Pedaba 2 demo , not a Pedaba one.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pedaba-2/
Best Regards !!

Return to “Chat”