how change all repos

homfar

how change all repos

#1 Post by homfar »

Hi ,
i'm new to MX Linux
previously was in Manjaro
in manjaro > package manager > preferences , i changed repos .
i know here in mx linux we have mx repo manager but i'm talking abouy debian repos (that currently is set my country repo) , how can i change them?

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: how change all repos

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

Welcome to the Forum! MX Repo Manager has a tab for Debian repos, where you can click a button to select the fastest for your location. Is that what you are looking for?
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

homfar

#3 Post by homfar »

Jerry3904 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:20 pm Welcome to the Forum! MX Repo Manager has a tab for Debian repos, where you can click a button to select the fastest for your location. Is that what you are looking for?
yes exactly , repo manager just maximized over desktop and i wasn't seen that before , thanks .

fehlix
Developer

#4 Post by fehlix »

homfar wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:06 pm Hi ,
i'm new to MX Linux
i know here in mx linux we have mx repo manager but i'm talking abouy debian repos (that currently is set my country repo) , how can i change them?
With MX Repo GUI you currently can only change debian repos to fastest. But if you have still your default country selected for debian repos, you can switch to another country mirror by running localize-repo from the terminal command-line in the format localize-repo -v "code".
All available codes can be listed with

Code: Select all

localize-repo -L
E.g. you switch to a US mirror by running:

Code: Select all

sudo localize-repo -v us
Note: localize-repo might not yet work to switch back from a debian mirror after having
selected "fastest debian mirror" within MX Repo, if fastest is not a country mirror.
We do currently prepare to fix localize-repos do allow to switch back from fastest to a code-selected debian mirror.
:puppy:
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Return to “MX Repositories”