MX-19 news?

dreamer

MX-19 news?

#1 Post by dreamer »

Since I figure MX-19 alpha is at least two weeks away I just wanted to hear how development is going.

1. Is systemd-shim working?
2. Other major problems?
3. Personal wish: that Qt5 applications can be themed by GTK2 themes (like MX-17/18). Maybe it's just a config/setting that can be defined by user.
4. Are you happy with what you have so far? If MX-19 can reach the level of MX-17/18 I think MX devs have done more than any other distro out there.

If this thread is inappropriate or turns into a feature request thread feel free to remove it or lock it.

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: MX-19 news?

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

We're actually working on a third alpha ATM. You may remember that we don't make the alpha cycle public.

The shim does seem to be working, which is a great relief. There's a lot of work still to be done, but I think everyone would say that we are pretty happy with the results so far.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

dreamer

Re: MX-19 news?

#3 Post by dreamer »

Jerry3904 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:18 pm We're actually working on a third alpha ATM. You may remember that we don't make the alpha cycle public.

The shim does seem to be working, which is a great relief. There's a lot of work still to be done, but I think everyone would say that we are pretty happy with the results so far.
OK, thanks. When do you think first public alpha/beta will be released? Do you think it will be stable enough for daily (non-production) use? Do you know (approx) how many releases/re-installs there will be before final release?

Return to “General”