Simplifying creating starters even more

deltaofpie

Simplifying creating starters even more

#1 Post by deltaofpie »

Hi, I really like the create new starter context menu entry... This is a super obvious thing to improve Linux desktop and enable new applications in the search context.
But I think it can be simplified further.. I find it quite cumbersome to create a starter and having to move it the location so the launcher can find the application starter.
Also I think it should be a little simpler to add a custom application starter to the starter bar.

Maybe there should be a checkbox for the 'create starter' menu that lets you create the starter (Installing a starter desktop wide) on a place the launcher could find it and the starter bar can find it.

fehlix
Developer

Re: Simplifying creating starters even more

#2 Post by fehlix »

deltaofpie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:39 pm Also I think it should be a little simpler to add a custom application starter to the starter bar.
Have you tried the Menu Editor (=right click on the menu-icon), where you can create new menu-entry (=desktop starter)?
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Jerry3904
Administrator

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry but I don't totally follow you here. Are you talking about "Create Launcher"? This is an Xfce development that we inherit, and the way to try to change that is to file a bug/enhancement report on their bugzilla: bugzilla.xfce.org.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

JmaCWQ

#4 Post by JmaCWQ »

Or if you're just talking about adding a new launcher to the Panel, find it in the Menu then right click > Add to Panel.

EDIT: same applies for adding a new launcher to the Desktop, find it in the Menu, right click > Add to Desktop.

deltaofpie

#5 Post by deltaofpie »

Thx for the tips!

Guess I have to ask the people from XFCE...

I was talking about creating a starter and let it be available in the menu and to the launcher panel.
I found out that drag and drop lets you create a starter.

Return to “General”