[RESOLVED] Needs packaging, and maintainer urgently needed: FossaMail

MX-16_fan

Re: Needs packaging, and maintainer urgently needed: FossaMail

#11 Post by MX-16_fan »

@Stevo:
MX-16_fan wrote:@Stevo:
Stevo wrote:One of the Pale Moon honchos said the version I built looked good, so I'm going to add it to the Pale Moon repo I maintain on the OBS ...
Unfortunately the project has been discontinued (https://www.fossamail.org/) by now, which is really sad.

As my posting here and you packaging it for the MX Test Repo didn't help to keep the project alive, should I close this thread?

Greetings, Joe

Stevo
Developer

#12 Post by Stevo »

They were looking for someone to actually maintain the code, which is far beyond me. I don't think you need to close the thread, but you could mark it with "RESOLVED", I guess. Just not resolved in the manner we would prefer.

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#13 Post by Eadwine Rose »

You can't close the thread, that is not within the privileges of regular users.
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-18-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

MX-16_fan

#14 Post by MX-16_fan »

@Stevo:
Stevo wrote:They were looking for someone to actually maintain the code, which is far beyond me.
Yeah, same with me, obviously. My original idea was to help the developer in keeping the project survive by having it in the increasingly popular MX-16 sphere, so that someone might discover it who likes it, and wishes to maintain the code (viewtopic.php?p=411627#p411627), plus - second idea - motivate the developer to not shut down his project by seeing that some people care. I suppose I wasn't fast enough, I discovered his announcement rather late.
Stevo wrote:I don't think you need to close the thread, but you could mark it with "RESOLVED", I guess. Just not resolved in the manner we would prefer.
Right you are. Will do so. Thanks a lot for caring.

Greetings, and have a good week, Joe

MX-16_fan

#15 Post by MX-16_fan »

@Eadwine Rose:
Eadwine Rose wrote:You can't close the thread, that is not within the privileges of regular users.
Sorry, I was imprecise here. By "closing" I meant "marking it as 'solved'" (or marking it as something else).

Greetings, Joe

Return to “General”