-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Import/Export of KeepassX database files

rdotex
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Import/Export of KeepassX database files

#1 Post by rdotex » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Howdy Y'all.

I can't find any recent discussion of this topic. Has there been any solution to the problem of importing database files to KeePassX? Like from KeePass2 or Dashlane? I can import Dashlane files to KeePass2, but neither one will import to KeePassX! I would love to be able to access them in KeePassX on my Mepis 11 computer, without having to re-type all of them manually!

Any suggestions/solutions?

Ron

rdotex
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Import/Export of KeepassX database files

#2 Post by rdotex » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:04 pm

rdotex wrote:Howdy Y'all.

I can't find any recent discussion of this topic. Has there been any solution to the problem of importing database files to KeePassX? Like from KeePass2 or Dashlane? I can import Dashlane files to KeePass2, but neither one will import to KeePassX! I would love to be able to access them in KeePassX on my Mepis 11 computer, without having to re-type all of them manually!

Any suggestions/solutions?

Ron
OK. I found how to do this on the KeePassX home page. One must export the Dashlane to KeePass 2, then export from there in KeePass 1 .kdb format. Then, the database can be imported into KeePassX!

Return to “Software / Configuration”