Why are the repos displayed in reverse order? (fixed)

Forum for discussion and implementation of project work to enhance mxlinux.org and other MX Websites
kmathern
Developer

Why are the repos displayed in reverse order? (fixed)

#1 Post by kmathern »

Kind of a dumb question (and not really website related, but I didn't know where else to post it), why are the repos initially displayed in reverse order when I browse them?

For example when I goto http://la.mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/main/ in the browser, it's initially displayed as:

mx-pool-reverse-order.png

If I click on the Name link, http://la.mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/main/?C=N;O=A, it changes to alphabetic (ascending?) order. Click again it goes back to reverse (descending ?) order.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kmathern on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j2mcgreg
Global Moderator

Re: Why are the repos displayed in reverse order?

#2 Post by j2mcgreg »

It looks like they are sorted instead by date modified IE: newest to oldest
HP 15; ryzen 3 5300U APU; 500 Gb SSD; 8GB ram
Aspire V5-571; CPU Intel I3; 500 GB SSD; Intel 2nd Gen Graphics; 8 GB Ram
Aspire XC-866; i3-9100; UHD 630; 8 GB ram; 1TB HDD

In Linux, newer isn't always better. The best solution is the one that works.

kmathern
Developer

#3 Post by kmathern »

No they're initially sorted alphabetically (or reverse alphabetically), clicking the Last modified link will sort newest to oldest (or oldest to newest).

timkb4cq
Developer

#4 Post by timkb4cq »

It's in an apache2 config file. Apparently when I set up the la server & enabled auto-indexing the default sort order in that file was Descending Name. That's the first time anyone's brought it up - probably because one click resorted it.
I've just switched it to the more common (& the way all the other *.mxrepo.com servers already had it) Ascending Name.
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

kmathern
Developer

#5 Post by kmathern »

timkb4cq wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:08 pm ...That's the first time anyone's brought it up - probably because one click resorted it.
I've just switched it to the more common (& the way all the other *.mxrepo.com servers already had it) Ascending Name.
Thanks Tim.

Return to “Website”