MX Linux website - download section and others (translations)

Forum for discussion and implementation of project work to enhance mxlinux.org and other MX Websites
Fibogacci

MX Linux website - download section and others (translations)

#1 Post by Fibogacci »

Hello,

I was thinking, would it be possible to contribute and translate for example to Polish https://mxlinux.org/download-links and have seperate subpage and link eg. https://pl.mxlinux.org/download-links or similar

I mean when I share link do download it would be easier for some Poles to have it in Polish (easier to understand instructions).

As MX is and will be more and more popular, it would be good thing for users (especially new).

I think I've heard/read, that there will be new refreshed mxlinux.org site in March. Is it true?

I suppose CMS will be Drupal or Wordpress or something similar/popular. There are options and modules for translating and have different language versions.

What do you think about it?
MX-18 Continuum x86_64: laptop Dell Inspiron N7110, Intel Core i5-2410M @ 2.900GHz, 4GB RAM, Kernel: 4.19, DE: Xfce

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: MX Linux website - download section and others (translations)

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

Yes there is a new website just bring finished up based on WordPress.

As far as your proposal goes, it seems unlikely that we would want to rename the download links: it would take a lot of work, and they are already available on the list by country and on the linked map by location.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Fibogacci

Re: MX Linux website - download section and others (translations)

#3 Post by Fibogacci »

Jerry3904 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:46 pm Yes there is a new website just bring finished up based on WordPress.

As far as your proposal goes, it seems unlikely that we would want to rename the download links: it would take a lot of work, and they are already available on the list by country and on the linked map by location.
Well, I do not ask for renaming original page, but I am asking is it possible to create additional page with identical (but translated) content - parallel. It does not have to has address mxlinux.org/download-links.

So when I share link with someone to download ISO, page would be the same, but already translated. I'm asking because I know there are modules in Wordpress for easy translating, maybe even parts of website.

For example I can put links to ISO files with description on my private hobby webpage, but it is more secure and preffered way to download ISO from official website.

Edit:

Ok, I can see now there is Google Translate button on mxlinux.org/download-links. And it does the job. It should be ok, but I was curious anyway.

Thanks for answer :)
MX-18 Continuum x86_64: laptop Dell Inspiron N7110, Intel Core i5-2410M @ 2.900GHz, 4GB RAM, Kernel: 4.19, DE: Xfce

Return to “Website”