is Atom project being dropped by PlatformIO?

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
say_hello

is Atom project being dropped by PlatformIO?

#1 Post by say_hello »

dear mx-experts,

i am so happy to run MX - and i love it from the bottom of my heart!!

one question: is Atom project being dropped by PlatformIO?

on a sidenote: Yes, I use VSCode on my PC too. But i am a big big ATOM admirer - since i love the seamless integration into github
I do not like VSC - for its MS$ Background - I would be using Atom on each notebook and PC i have.
So what is with is Atom and PlatformIO? is the Atom project being dropped by PlatformIO?

cf https://community.platformio.org/t/why- ... ged/5236/7

well to spell it out simple: Why is the Atom project being dropped by PlatformIO? It is functional and does work on my Mx-Linuxk

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

Re: is Atom project being dropped by PlatformIO?

#2 Post by JayM »

There's no way anyone here could know why PlatformIO, whatever that is, has decided to discontinue one of their projects. You should probably ask them as it doesn't really have anything to do with MX Linux.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

manyroads

#3 Post by manyroads »

Definitely not a question for me.... I had never heard of PlatformIO before today. It most certainly is a question for the PlatformIO folks.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

The last I heard, The Atom editor was a product of GitHub. Do you mean that PlatformIO had support for it, or what?

Return to “General”