"Lite Linux" or "MXLinux" ?

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Artim

Re: "Lite Linux" or "MXLinux" ?

#21 Post by Artim »

Yup, Lite is not so lite anymore, not like MX which bills itself as "midweight" rather than "Lite." Of the two MX is considerably lighter!

bigbenaugust

#22 Post by bigbenaugust »

I slapped Lite on a VM and I'm not sure what it gives you that Xubuntu doesn't, other than PlayOnLinux and maybe Steam ready to go. I'd wager that LMDE when it had an XFCE option was lighter.
--Ben

Artim

#23 Post by Artim »

You missed a lot! Linux Lite has lots of very cool tools that Xubuntu doesn't. Just like MX has an awesome tool box full of wonderful easy graphical stuff, Linux Lite has a lot of that kinda stuff too. For the whole Series 3.x, Linux Lite defied the old paradigm that says speed has to be sacrificed for "newbie-friendliness" (GUI tools and tweaks, etc). It was possible to have my cake and eat it too! The only distro I knew of that accomplished that - GUI that didn't sacrifice speed. I don't see that same minor miracle in Series 4.x anymore. For the best balance, I think MX gets the top prize.

Return to “General”