Funny thing happened today .....

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
Bierhundt

Funny thing happened today .....

#1 Post by Bierhundt »

I was looking in my bookmarks for an Aussie beer forum that I use every so often, it was nowhere to be found. So, I fired up my Win 7 partition to see if the bookmark was there - I got the famous Micro$haft BSOD! Apparently I haven't used Win 7 in so long that it gave out from disuse (?). I left my Win rescue disk in Montana when I came down here last September, so I cant/don't need to rescue it anyways.

MX has been real good to me, since I'm pretty much of a computer illiterate, as many of you already know. I know I've lost a lot of my beer recipes and my BeerSmith app with losing Win 7, but I can still download hundreds, if not thousands of brew recipes online. I guess maybe Win 7 has done me a favor .... no more switching between OS's!

Bierhundt

richb
Administrator

Re: Funny thing happened today .....

#2 Post by richb »

:moonshine: :moonshine:
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Bierhundt

#3 Post by Bierhundt »

I forgot that I still have BrewTarget - an open source Beer app, on my MX partition, and all of the recipes I had saved on that .......
:celebrate:
@ richb : Those dancing jugs reminded me!

uncle mark

#4 Post by uncle mark »

Bierhundt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:38 pm I was looking in my bookmarks for an Aussie beer forum that I use every so often, it was nowhere to be found. So, I fired up my Win 7 partition to see if the bookmark was there - I got the famous Micro$haft BSOD! Apparently I haven't used Win 7 in so long that it gave out from disuse (?). I left my Win rescue disk in Montana when I came down here last September, so I cant/don't need to rescue it anyways.

MX has been real good to me, since I'm pretty much of a computer illiterate, as many of you already know. I know I've lost a lot of my beer recipes and my BeerSmith app with losing Win 7, but I can still download hundreds, if not thousands of brew recipes online. I guess maybe Win 7 has done me a favor .... no more switching between OS's!

Bierhundt
To retrieve you bookmarks and data, just access it from MX.
Custom build Asus/AMD/nVidia circa 2011 -- MX 19.2 KDE
Acer Aspire 5250 -- MX 21 KDE
Toshiba Satellite C55 -- MX 18.3 Xfce
Assorted Junk -- assorted Linuxes

Bierhundt

#5 Post by Bierhundt »

uncle mark wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:30 pm
To retrieve you bookmarks and data, just access it from MX.

Yeah, from the time I first used Linux, I was never able to accomplish that very well. I've followed directions after directions, and none seemed to work real well for me - even with Libranet - (my favorite distro in days gone by .....) as well as Mepis, Slax, Beatrix and others. My mind just doesn't work the same way as computer gurus' minds do (probably becuz I'm a product of the '40's and '50's) .... and I even went to a computer school when I was in my 50's to learn how to get around in a computer - (found out later it wasn't much more than a diploma mill!). That school taught me one thing - Linux was free, and Micro$haft was not! I've been concentrating as much as possible on Linux and the CLI ever since, to the point that now I can get around pretty good for myself, but I still have to look up different commands every so often and ask stupid question quite often :rofl: I know I no longer HAVE to use the CLI, but I like to whenever I get the chance, just for the halibut.

Bierhundt

Return to “General”