Question about Timeshift

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
rc racer

Question about Timeshift

#1 Post by rc racer »

Since MX comes with snapshot instead of timeshift I was wondering if there would be any problem using Timeshift in MX, (don't wont to break anything). I would like to have some opinions on this if anyone cares to respond.
Dell Dimension E520
Memory 4GB
1 TB Hard Drive
Graphic AMD [ AMD/ATI ] caicos pro
[ Radeon HQ7450 ] (prog-ifoo [ VGA controller ]

richb
Administrator

Re: Question about Timeshift

#2 Post by richb »

Timeshift work fine in MX and does not conflict in any way with Snapshot. I have the version installed from MX Package Installer > MX Text repo.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

rc racer

#3 Post by rc racer »

richb wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:29 am Timeshift work fine in MX and does not conflict in any way with Snapshot. I have the version installed from MX Package Installer > MX Text repo.
Thanks I have it downloaded but thought I would better get a second opinion at least before I started to use it :crossfingers:
Dell Dimension E520
Memory 4GB
1 TB Hard Drive
Graphic AMD [ AMD/ATI ] caicos pro
[ Radeon HQ7450 ] (prog-ifoo [ VGA controller ]

richb
Administrator

#4 Post by richb »

rc racer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:38 am
richb wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:29 am Timeshift work fine in MX and does not conflict in any way with Snapshot. I have the version installed from MX Package Installer > MX Text repo.
Thanks I have it downloaded but thought I would better get a second opinion at least before I started to use it :crossfingers:
I would just make sure you look at the settings and exclude any files and folders you do not want in the backup. For example I exclude any snapshots made with the MX snapshot tool since I save them to an external drive.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Return to “General”