MX mention on manjaro forums

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
philotux

Re: MX mention on manjaro forums

#21 Post by philotux »

manyroads wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:18 pm I personally appreciate & prefer the stability and flexibility of the MX distro and community.
Actually, for not long ago, booted into MX and doing what I was doing, I caught myself feeling that for the first time ever, since I have started using Linux (which isn't long at all), I was completely absorbed with the task at hand and I had forgotten everything about the OS. It was just there doing it's thing and I mine. I took it as a good sign. I taught to myself I will stick with this one. And I find the community here as nice as the distro itself, specially the involvement of the devs and the officials in the forum just shows how much they care for the distro and the community of it's users. That's great!

asqwerth
Developer

#22 Post by asqwerth »

Quite a few members here, including me, use both distros. Like them both. While MX (through the mepis heritage) will always be my first distro, I feel that I learnt much more about Linux when I began to use manjaro, because you had to be a little more careful about checking update announcements, maintenance of your system when updating and keeping manjaro rolling.

I got into manjaro around 2012/13, by the way, in that period when mepis 12 beta wouldn't work on my old pc , and it was looking more and more likely that Warren might not want to continue with mepis for much longer. So I went looking for alternatives just in case.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

philotux

#23 Post by philotux »

asqwerth wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:31 pm Quite a few members here, including me, use both distros. Like them both.
That's great! I like them both too. I think both MX's dev-team and people over at Manjaro, you are truely highly talented people. I feel really grateful towards you all.

Return to “General”