Request for Brain Party game in upcoming release

For interesting topics. But remember this is a Linux Forum. Do not post offensive topics that are meant to cause trouble with other members or are derogatory towards people of different genders, race, color, minors (this includes nudity and sex), politics or religion. Let's try to keep peace among the community and for visitors.

No spam on this or any other forums please! If you post advertisements on these forums, your account may be deleted.

Do not copy and paste entire or even up to half of someone else's words or articles into posts. Post only a few sentences or a paragraph and make sure to include a link back to original words or article. Otherwise it's copyright infringement.

You can talk about other distros here, but no MX bashing. You can email the developers of MX if you just want to say you dislike or hate MX.
duane

Request for Brain Party game in upcoming release

#1 Post by duane »

Brain Party is a whole bunch of different brain exercising games, something for everyone.
I wonder if you would consider it for MX-18?
We enjoy it very much.
I didn't see a place for making this request.
Lenovo M92p Quad Core i5 3470 3.2Ghz

Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: Request for Brain Party game in upcoming release

#2 Post by Jerry3904 »

Did you look at the brainparty in the current repo?
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

duane

#3 Post by duane »

Yes I did I just. I have been using it. I am just making a suggestion for it to be one of the games included by default in the next version.
Just a suggestion. I don't play any of the games that are usually included. I usually install Brain Party and KPat right after I install a new version of MX.

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

#4 Post by Eadwine Rose »

I installed this brainparty yesterday to see what this was about.. I don't see 36 games, I get this professor and some tests I need to do, some 4 or so? And when all is done I can do them again.

I read in the description that if you do well enough you get more games. If you're into that, peachy, it's just not my cuppa tea ;)

It's easily installed through the repo in any case.
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-20-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

Jerry3904
Administrator

#5 Post by Jerry3904 »

I am not sure about including it by default, but we will certainly consider adding it to the Package Installer.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Redacted

#6 Post by Redacted »

Like Eadwine, I installed it to see what it is.
I couldn't resize the window at all. It is way too small for my eyes.
Any way to do that?

duane

#7 Post by duane »

You are right about it being small. The full screen option doesn't work.
You practice games and as you win more games become available.
Some of them I have never been able to win so I have not gotten all of the games either.
I find the ones involving colors to be hard. What you get depends on what your brain is good at.
The point is to challenge your brain and exercise it to do more.

duane

#8 Post by duane »

You are right about it being small. You practice games and as you win more games become available.
Some of them I have never been able to win so I have not gotten all of the games either.
I find the ones involving colors to be hard. What you get depends on what your brain is good at.
The point is to challenge your brain and exercise it to do more and more.

Return to “General”